DIY Rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Rack

So my snake collection is at 7 now... and I know, that's embarrassingly small... but I figured I would try building a rack for all my buddies.

It's mostly melamine, heavy af. But I put heavy duty casters on it so it rolls really well.
    Nine 41 qt sterilite tubs (actually at $4.40 a piece!! They were on clearance at Target plus I used my friend's employee discount ).

Here's the jib I used to cut all my melamine to size. Using a circular saw its imperative you use a jib of some kind to make sure everything is square.

First shelf complete. I actually built this upside down, so that shelf is the top.

Casters with supports on the underside. Wheels were a great choice, this is one heavy *****.

Completed rack!

The build is done. I have 11" flewatt coming in the mail tomorrow so I can wire it up for heat. I chose to do it manually, soldering it in parallel. Not a fan of the clips, and I also couldn't make the zigzag approach with the 3" flex watt work due to my limited carpentry skills/tools.

All in all, this cost me right around $200 with a days worth on labor. Not bad, I would say!

These are my buddies going in the rack!

1.0 normal

0.1 normal

1.0 spider 50% het pied

0.1 normal

0.1 hypo

1.0 motley het sharp

0.1 albino

That last one is actually the boa I won in the Patriot day contest! [MENTION=16687]bcasilio[/MENTION] will be shipping her soon!

.....now I have two tubs to fill up...what to get....hmmm...taking requests

Re: DIY Rack

Nice job on the rack, and lovely kiddos, too.

Comment

Originally posted by AaronSB View Post
      now I have two tubs to fill up...what to get....hmmm...taking requests
      I have a male pastel BP from a clutch that hatched in August a year ago and three female hypos, two poss Jungle that were also born in August last year if you're interested. RTB discount applies here. Actually, the pastel BP is so cheap that you should actually buy one of the boas too and save on shipping costs. I'll only charge shipping for one.
      http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Originally posted by Joba1972 View Post
        Nice job on the rack, and lovely kiddos, too.
        Thanks! Love them

Comment

Originally posted by zamora View Post
          I have a male pastel BP from a clutch that hatched in August a year ago and three female hypos, two poss Jungle that were also born in August last year if you're interested. RTB discount applies here. Actually, the pastel BP is so cheap that you should actually buy one of the boas too and save on shipping costs. I'll only charge shipping for one.
          Thanks! That's so nice of you but I am actually looking for a female ball....of which morph, I am unsure. I should probably hold off on getting another snake until I pay off some of these bills....ahhhh, expensive hobby

Comment

Nice job on the rack
            sigpicJrock23

Comment

Originally posted by Jrock23 View Post
              Nice job on the rack
              Thanks! It's working great so far. Temps and humidity on the money.

Comment

done! Flexwatt was surprisingly easy to wire.

Comment

Working...
                X