This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermastat

I was just wondering, what type of thermastat I should buy. I have seen quite of few different ones in style and price.......................... thanks in advance.

Re:thermastat

I use the zoo med rheostats and have never had a problem.

Comment

Hello deuce,

I suggest you get the best one you can afford..

This one is good and not much money..
      http://www.bigappleherp.com/Reptile_...at_924100.html

If you can swing it, this one is the best out there IMO..
      http://www.bigappleherp.com/Reptile_...ts_921100.html

Hope that helped..
      Steve

Comment

I hate to disagree with you Steve, but the big apple proportional "works" but most definitely is not the best out there. As a matter of fact I have many problems with it and how it is built.

The best thermostat for your money that you will definitely not regret purchasing would be the Helix DBS 1000. I own both the big apple proportional and the Helix DBS 1000 and the Helix blows the big apple away in so many ways it isn't even funny.

---------------------
        Helix:

Pros: Digital display, very easily set, very accurate, displays the current temperature at all times (acts as a thermometer), and just an overall wonderful thermostat.

Cons: Sorry I have found no downfalls to this thermostat except the fact that you have to buy a seperate unit for a nighttime drop. Well worth it though and well worth the money.

Big Apple:

Pros: Works good and is a bit cheaper, comes with built in nighttime drop.

Cons: Dial setting, temperature not accurate with dial, doesn't display temps, nighttime drop is just a little knob on bottom and VERY hard to set. Overall not worth the money when comparing to the Helix.

Just my opinions and experiences!
        ------------------------

Just my opinion. BTW you can pick up the Helix at beanfarm.com. Great customer service from them!

Comment

Great, thanks for your help fellas

Comment

Hey Slither,

Don't be sorry..

Thats what makes forums good. I haven't had any problem with the one I have used for 2 years. So that makes it good in my book.. The Helix ones I have not owned so I can say one way or the other.. Slither how on line sells them and how much do they run?

Steve

Comment

I have seen the Helix and the Big Apple but wasn't sure if they were worth the money............... thanks for the help

Comment

[quote author=sclark link=board=8;threadid=2634;start=msg17090#msg17090 date=1056853964]
                Hey Slither,

Don't be sorry..

Thats what makes forums good. I haven't had any problem with the one I have used for 2 years. So that makes it good in my book.. The Helix ones I have not owned so I can say one way or the other.. Slither how on line sells them and how much do they run?

Steve
                [/quote]

www.beanfarm.com (awesome company in my opinion btw!) and they go for like $135 if I remember correctly. Well worth the money.

Comment

I agree thats what makes a forum a forum..But incase you didnt notice it said..IMO (in my opinion)..Everyone is intitled to there own opinion thats what we come here for is to get information from many different sources.. ;D

Comment

Hey BigMitch,

I couldn't agree more. That is what makes forums such a good resource for info. No body knows everything... Well I am close..LOL... JK'ing..))

Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X