Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard of Repti-Racks

http://www.repti-racks.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=41

Please some one let me know if these cages are reliable for the price they seem ti be really good

Re: Has anyone heard of Repti-Racks

That looks like a cheap immitation of a Proline cage

This name just popped up on "FB", I noticed and I was curious also

Now I'm not curious anymore ,LOL

Lar M
    Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boa Amarali View Post
      That looks like a cheap immitation of a Proline cage

This name just popped up on "FB", I noticed and I was curious also

Now I'm not curious anymore ,LOL

What is "FB" and do you know why they are crappy...

Comment

the name sounded familiar, so I did a search on the BOI and found about a dozen "good guy" threads about Repti-racks. Quite a few people seem to be happy with the quality of the cages and the customer service.
        "It is not my responsibility to live up to other people's perceptions of who I am. I am only responsible for living up to the standards I set for myself, to be the person I want to be."

Comment

Originally posted by tsshields View Post
          What is "FB" and do you know why they are crappy...
          I'm not saying they are crappy. I'm noticing what appears to be similar
          materials used as Proline uses but a different method of building.

Looks like its not heat bended material rather joints butted together
          depending on how those joints are sealed they could leak.

I didn't read enough to know how they construct these cages entirely.

I noticed several nice comments about these on "FB"

FB = Face Book

Lar M
          Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boa Amarali View Post
            Looks like its not heat bended material rather joints butted together
            depending on how those joints are sealed they could leak.

I didn't read enough to know how they construct these cages entirely.
            I didn't see where they said how the joints were sealed either. It's possible that they could be plastic-welded in which case they will never leak. However, if that were the case, that would be something good to advertise and it should be easy to find. I assume they expect you to seal the joints with a sealant, in which case they will definitely leak someday. It might be 20-30 years if you are lucky, but all sealants fail.

I would get a heat bent cage. Also, are these cages priced to include shipping? Make sure you are comparing apples to apples.

I think Jeff's cages are some of the best PVCX cages available. If for some reason you want to use HDPE then you should check out Pro-line.

Both of these are competitively priced and good quality cages - once you make sure you are factoring in everything you need.

NOTE: I just called the guy from Repti-Racks and he said the cages are plastic welded, so they won't leak.
            Last edited by judgment; 11-08-2009, 11:29 AM. Reason: Update.

Comment

After seeing this thread I decided to check out the site. The quality seems to be there. I've been in contact with him as well - he's prompt in responses and is eager to stand behind his products.

...I juts got another e-mail from him as I was typing this.

One of my questions to him was actually about locks - since there is little info on the site about a locking system for the cages, and to me locks are a crucial point of any caging sale (being that I have two very curious sons, and even though they know they are not to open any of the snake enclosures on their own, and I have to be present for handling they are, after all kids... and curiosity can get the better of them. I don't want them to be able to open a cage on their own and then not close it, or latch it properly. So a locking system is a must).

This is what I received:
              "Yes keyed cam locks are available for all cages. Cage doors can be either ordered with double drop down doors like pictured or a single door style at no additional charge."

Comment

They look okay but are only slightly cheaper than boaphiles. I would say go with a boaphile if you are looking at this. You know by the thousands of users on here that have them that they are great. Plus the slight differences such as the latches, hinges, color options etc make upthat price difference. Your options are so much greater with boaphiles too as fare as expandable cages. The look like good cages but why risk it and why not support a site sponsor?

Comment

True enough, but Pro-Line makes high quality cages - and they are backed by great service - and they aren't a site sponsor.

Don't get me wrong - Boaphile cages are superb, and Jeff takes great pride in everything he does, and will back his work. If you buy Boaphile you are ensured great service and product. I'm not saying anything against Boaphiles. Simply that the lack of site sponsorship alone is not indicative of poor quality.

Comment

I have some Repti-Racks baby racks. They are built very well. I got them used(but with original order recipt) and had a little problem with them. I emailed them with the problem and pics. He was very fast with his response and helped he fix it no questions asked.

One problem with Repti-Racks cages is the price does not include shipping. It makes them cost more than a boaphile or pro-line after the shipping. Pro-line also makes an ABS cage called his pro-style. All of the boaphile and pro-line cages prices are shipped, no hidden costs.

Me personally I would go with pro-line because of the ease of cleaning. NOTHING sticks to HDPE nothing. It is the easiest cage to clean and looks great. I have a friend with some and wouldn't hesitate to get one. I have 2 boaphiles and I love them too. Very well built, durable and priced great. The only drawback to them in the cleaning. It hard as hell to clean the urates off the bottom.

Comment

I would go with Boaphiles or Pro Line because of the shipping. I believe with repti racks you pay for the exact shipping cost and depending on how far that is, you will be paying a lot for shipping. The quality is good, but by no means is it better than Boaphiles or Pro Line.
                      http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

Hey guys

I wanted to take the time out and shoot a thanks to all that chimed in and gave their two cents...

I also just wanted to clarify somethings as well.. yes i have heard that boaphile and Proline are some really nice cages but for a college student that needs to get buy with a decent cage that is going to keep ambient temps up and hot and cool spots accurate I think repti racks will get the job done.......

Also some of you had mentioned that after shipping and everything it comes out to even what the boaphile cages come out to. I just want to say that this is incorrect if you just buy the cage which is 47x23x12 shipping is 39.50 im not sure if thats different if your not in the US, but that is what it said on the web site combining a total of 186.00 which is still cheaper then boaphile

I hope that when i get my career i will be able to get the luxurious Proline but right now im on a tight budget and i need these my snakes to be as comfortable as possible and the red heat lights constantly on, and the glass tanks are just not cutting it thanks again for all your help

Comment

My input...

I have only gotten snakes from Steve at Repti Racks so far. 2 Coral Albinos. He was GREAT to work with. I was a "difficult customes" due to the fact that I had to change my final payment method like 3 times. ( he did not call me that, I call me that...LOL) He never got flustered at me, eventhough he should have.

I do plan to get 1 cage from him, and 1 cage from the Jeff at Boa-file. And make my comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by davenkelly View Post
                            My input...

I have only gotten snakes from Steve at Repti Racks so far. 2 Coral Albinos. He was GREAT to work with. I was a "difficult customes" due to the fact that I had to change my final payment method like 3 times. ( he did not call me that, I call me that...LOL) He never got flustered at me, eventhough he should have.

I do plan to get 1 cage from him, and 1 cage from the Jeff at Boa-file. And make my comparison.
                            Well when you do could you please share info that would be great thanks again

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                              X