This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tropic Aire Humidifiers?

Has anyone had any experience with one of these, I'm just wondering if it is going to make my habitat for my boa too humid. He is in a 50 gallon tank with a screen top that I have partially covered to help retain some humidity. Check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks!

s7.gif

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...mp;pCatId=7536

Re: Tropic Aire Humidifiers?

The only thing I would be worried about is if it sprays a mist every so often. If so it might cause your substrate to get to wet and cause some belly rot. Also does it have any way to set the humidity level kinda like a thermostat?

Tat

Comment

Unfortunately it does not have a humidity level regulator. I am using a piece of reptile carpet (kind of like a putting green carpet) as my substrate. It does pretty good at keeping the water spray without letting it dry up too fast. Currently my humidity level is averaging about 50%. It usually climbs to about 60-65% when I spray the habitat down, if it's been a while, then it usually drops to 40%. I'm just trying to figure out how to keep it up a little higher so that it will make it easier for him to shed. Thanks for your input!

Comment

What type of cage do you have?

Comment

It's a 40 gallon (wide), full screen top that is covered 2/3 by a towel to help contain humidity. UTH and a basking light during the day, then the UTH and a CHE at night. I'm close to not having to use the basking light during the day anymore because it's starting to warm up here. I caught him finally using his soaking/drinking bowl, so hopefully that will help with his shedding. I think I'm just going to stick to the old-fashioned method of misting down the habitat and the snake.

Comment

Working...
          X