This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• desert ray heat panel

Does any one use them? If so how hot do they get? I am looking at getting the 17x11 to put into my boaphile 321d. Here is the link let me know hwat you think.
    http://www.bigappleherp.com/Pages/Product/118100.html

Re: desert ray heat panel

I have one, the largest one that Big Apple carries. They heat relatively well and work great for the price. I still have it, but do not use it anymore as I do not have the wood cage I was using it in. I would recommend them.

Comment

hey Xylum do you want to sell it??? if you are not using it i may buy it from you.

froggy

Comment

Awhile back I was going to sell it for pretty cheap because I had no use for it. But right now, I'm in the process of thinking about building a three level 4x2x2 enclosure. If I decide to build it, I will more than likely use it, if I don't build it, I will keep you in mind. However, I do have three 250W CHEs that I have only tested and may sell for cheap if I do build the enclosure because I will probably go with just heat panels.

Comment

how much would you let them go for??? i havebeen looking into getting some of them for a while just havent gotten around to it.

froggy

Comment

Probably around $15 a piece.

Comment

cool i will take one just email the info, how much it cost for shipping etc. my email is the same user id here just at yahoo.com

froggy

Comment

Re:desert ray heat panel

I think the desert rays panels are crap. i put the largest one in my cage and it did nothing whatsoever....that was a waste of $50...the panel itself heated up but did nothing in the cage.....

Comment

i have had no problems with mine i have the biggest one in my 4x2x2 on the ceiling of the cage on the hot side and it keeps it at 90 all the time with the help of the heat tape on the bottom of course.

LEE

Comment

Have to agree with Xander here... The desert ray radiant heat panel does little radiating.. Using just that in my 4x2x2 got the temp to a 74 high.. Now the surface of it was 115..

Steve

Comment

i bought 2 of them and both of them combined only made it up to 76 F in the cage.

Comment

Now if you want to get a real good heat panel, get a Helix. They cost, but the heat really radiates down..

Steve

Comment

I have a desert rays radiante heat panel in my boaphile, and it works great! Temps are right were they should be. I also keep mine hooked up to a Ranco Thermostat cause it will make the cage to warm for my Boa. I heard good stuff about the helix but they are really expensive. Mine works just fine!

Comment

I guess I had forgotten about this post. Proble cause I was able to get the temp's just right with out any other heat other rhan what was pre installed. Thakns for the replys though.

TAT 8)

Comment

Working...
                            X