This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Triple Display Digital Guage

Well they finally have these here. And at Walmart of all places. Although they have carried the single display and offered an in and out temp version (but you had to hit a button to switch between in and out), they finally have the perfect combo.

This device will display
    2 Temperatures and Humidity at the same time. And with a 6 foot cord for the remote sensor it can easily take temperature reading on both the hot and cold end or can be used to display temperatures from 2 different enclosures.

The cost. $14.88.

To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
    -Clay English
    Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Re: New Triple Display Digital Guage

I bought the same one at Walmart for my boas cage a few months ago and then I found out a few weeks later that it was reading the humidity incorrectly.  I don't know if it was defective or not, but I changed to the round temp and humidity dials after that.   :P

Comment

As soon as I saw this post I went out and got one of those ;D. Come to find out my temps were good, since I had one of those round thermometers, and my humidity was to low.. 50%. Now it's up to 68%. My temps are awesome, the hot end is 92 and the cool end is 85. I can't stop messing with the little thing. On the way home I had it in the car with the probe out the window..lol. Well thanks for the info Clay.

Randy ;D

Comment

My readings have been very accurate with the digital devices. I have 4 of these 3 display units at the moment and will be getting more.

I left all 4 of them on the table as I was preparing to take the pictures and they all stabilized at the same temps (within .1) and with the same humidity readings (within 1 %)

My analog guages are all over the board and have always been.

I would not trust the round 3 dollar analog guage as my only source of temperature readings.

-Best Regards
        -Clay English

Comment

I have a "?" clay... what happen's when these ones batterys go bad.. do they just shut off or do they start to read the temp's and humidity wrong...
          Eric aka...Red

Comment

Eric,

Well I have used other models of the same company and they just start flashing the numbers and a low battery symbol. They do not fluctuate the readings..

They are either on or off, so to speak, but the readings do not change.

-Best Regards
            -Clay English

Comment

Good I have had the two display type in my cages for like a year and they have not had to have a new battery.. Well I bought one that the battery did not work... it just didn't not read out at all.. I guess that kinda thing happens...
              Eric aka...Red

Comment

Ever since I saw this post, I've been looking at Wal-mart for this unit. All I can find is the single display with only one Temp display. We have 5 wal-marts in our area and none of them carry it. :-/ > ??? Any Ideas of where else I could find it?

Comment

Try radio shack I saw one there that even has a alarm that would sound if your temps get to low. I think that it costs a little more though. I dont belive that it has a humidity cage.

-Josh

Comment

Well just order it on-line at the wal-mart site or go to the store and ask them to order it... I asked the people in the store where I lived and they did not think they carried it... they did I found it... but if you are finding the one display that look's like the one clay put up here then you found the correct display... I would then just ask to order it at the custamer servise desk...
                    Eric aka...Red

Comment

I will try those Ideas, I'll also keep looking. That type of sensor will be quite useful in my new cage I'm getting ready to put the snakes in.

Comment

If you have a chance, can you post the model number? I didn't see them at WalMart either, can't find them on their web page, and even at their own web site http://www.chaneyinstrument.com/ they only have the single display one with the button, not the double temp display unit... (!)

Comment

I found one on radioshack.com. It's 31.99, but it's the only one I've found so far. Has anyone else found it someplace else. I still can't get it at Wal-mart.

Comment

Hey All,
                            I've been using one of these since they came out. I also bought mine at Wal-Mart for $12-15. I think it's important to point out that the remote sensor is used ONLY for one of the temperature readings, the unit itself is what measures the humidity as well as the other temp reading :. I have the sensor in the cage, and a separate, small humidity gage in the cage. I have put these units in cages, and it always seems that my Boas and other snakes manage to crawl over them and knock them off from wherever I put them.
                            Clay, how do you manage to keep them out of reach of your snakes?
                            Thanks for the post...new gear for our babies is always good to analyze.
                            PT

Comment

;D s9.gif s30.gif b27.gifWAL-MART FINALLY GOT SOME IN. I AM SO GOING TO BUY ONE THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE s5.gif TOOK THEM SO LONG!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X