This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom enclosure

i am thinking of building a enclosure and i was wondering what would be the best type of material to use?

I was thinking about useing plexiglass. 8)

Re: custom enclosure

I'm not sure exactly how you pronounce or spell it, but "melamine". (something like that) That's what Clay usually reccomends, anyhow.

Comment

Are you talking about using just plexiglass or wood frame and plexiglass? Well ether way I have herd that plexiglass has problems with cracking... just small amount of pressure will do it too... I would use what kahaj said...(I don't know how to spell it ether..) From what I hear reg. old wood work's good for a frame though...(i.e. oak) I would say if you would like to make one with plexiglass I would make it so you can take out the pannels and replace them... Plexiglass is cheap.. Well good luck..
      I thing that you could dig around this place and find some good design's of snake cages I would say just make sure you do your home work first... Lot's of home work.
      Eric aka...red

Comment

I actually am just about finished building my cage. I used Oak for the frame and walls and a single peice of plexiglass for the door window. We sealed the corners and edges with liquid nails calk. We are getting ready to paint and seal the rest of the tank with latex sealant paint. We were sure to get the kind that is non-toxic. It is meant as a base coat for childrens rooms and is designed for easy wipedown and non-toxic for those special children who insist on eating paint chips!!!! s22.gif I'll post some picture as soon as it is finished.

Comment

looking foward to those pic.

Comment

Working...
          X