Importing Snakes from Canada to UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing Snakes from Canada to UK?

Hello! I was wondering if anyone could help, I have been speaking to Greg from heckbertreptiles.com about his beautiful avaliable Boas, only problem is I'm in the UK and can't seem to find a lot of information on what is required when exporting from Canada to this country,

Has anyone had any experience with this before?

Thanks in advance
    Rosie

Re: Importing Snakes from Canada to UK?

From the US to Canada and vice versa you need a Cites permit, and an inspection at the time of importation from the Department of Fish and Wildlife. I would imagine that it would be a huge hassle for you to import/ship a reptile in that fashion. The animals are shipped in the belly of the plane where the temps can be cold. The process could potentially take longer than expected life of the heat packs. The animal could end up in some type of quarantine... Personally, I wouldn't try it.

Your first step would be to contact your country's border inspection department.

Hopefully someone who has imported into the UK will chime in.

Comment

Re: Importing Snakes from Canada to UK?

Did you first check to see if there are any reptile store in the UK, I think the shipping would be fine but like the other person said in the comment, you will need to talk to people in your first before making a decision. I myself also was looking into a very rare snake thats in Germany and talking to the owners about how they ship and you that to consider papers, passport and plane fees and special boxing packages and any documents if any. It is a hassle but if its something you really want then its your choice to make. But just check the reptile laws in your area first.
      sigpicJrock23

Comment

Working...
      X