No announcement yet.

For those of you who like this stuff...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you who like this stuff...

Here is a video of my best pass in my car thus far. It also beat out the boyfriend's best pass in my car . I believe the density altitude at the time of this pass was right about -400.

YouTube - Joley 12.15 run.mov

I'm pretty happy with it, considering all I really have done is full exhaust (longtubes, still have cats), intake, 3600 converter and a tune. I still have a few bugs in the tune to work out and I think once that's fixed I should be able to get high 11.90s out of it the way it is, though the mile per hour is a little low. I'll take that 1.59 60' though with my stock, worn out suspension!

Re: For those of you who like this stuff...

Nice run. What are you shifting at? I like the rear rims they kind of have a retro snowflake look to them.

I used to run a '72 firebird at [email protected] My next one is going to be a 4th gen.

Comment

Thanks. It's set to shift at 6k and for the most part it does, but 2-3 sometimes it'll bounce the limiter. I think we need to recalibrate everything based on transmission output shaft RPM since I hear that a bigger converter can affect that, but that's why I have a tuner who can make it all work right, haha. I only do little piddly stuff with our tuning software. I loved the CCW wheels, but the 315s were overkill; they go on a friend's C6 Z06 Corvette. Even with the huge drag radial though, the setup was 50 lbs lighter than my stock wheels and tires and probably closer to 60-70 lbs lighter than our usual drag radial setup. Too bad those wheels are like $550 a piece!

Comment

Very Nice Joley. congrats on the pass. Have you done any competition yet. We run brackets and indexing here. That is a nice street car.
        When you going to put some nitrous on it. Don't say you won't because eventually you will. When you hit the 11's then put that 500.00 kit on there and puts you in mid to high 10's there is no other feeling then hitting that nitrous button of the line.
        I now spray 500 shot off the line and 250 60'ft later and it is addicting.

Comment

That ride looks sweet , I'm a fan of those rims and tires you are running there as well
          Looks like alot of fun that's all I know, I'm no gear head what so ever.
          My best friend who is alot like brother always did my work when I had fast cars

Lar M
          Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

I just wanted to update you all that I've finally made it to the "11 second club!" We were at a track rental yesterday and had pretty good air (density altitude was about -500 at best) and I somehow managed to do 11.868 @ 111.5 with the left front wheel a couple inches up! Of course no one got a picture of THAT launch, but I have pictures of the others where the wheel is up, but I'm told it was higher on the other pass. The best run was with a 1.540 60 foot and all the others were 1.565-1.575. I wish I had an in-car camera to catch the look on my face when I realized what had happened. Maybe this time next year I'll have a bigger anti-roll bar on the car and be able to even that twist out.

Here's a photo of one of my launches. I apologize for the blur, I obviously wasn't the one taking the photo, but you can see the light coming through under that driver side front wheel. Don't mind the dirt, it snowed her 2 days ago so the car got covered in salt and stuff on the drive to the track.

I was excited as that's with my full weight (3600 lbs) daily driver with big 17in wheels on the front, front sway bar and stock suspension.

Here's the time slip of the good run if anyone is interested.

I'll have a video up later in the week once they are sent to me. Thanks for all the encouraging words you've given me in the past guys! It means a lot coming from you all with more racing experience than me!

Comment

Good job! I guess some women really can drive...lol Not mine though!

Comment

Sexy T/A, I love T/As so much ..!

11s pretty good , and the launch pic is not very blurry to me and looks badass.

Comment

Working...
                X