Boa Tails goes live (my new site)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boa Tails goes live (my new site)

I've been toying with creating a blog/site dedicated to boas for a while now. Sort of a resource center for others and a diary of my own experiences and thoughts on boa keeping. ...as well as creating a place where my 4-H club members can go to discuss things, review agendas, suggest topics, etc.

Well... I've finally done that.

I give you: Boa Tails

It's still in it's infancy, so I still need to add material, but I wanted to share it with my friends and family here at RTB.

To answer a few questions: no, those are not my boas in the header. that's two images of royalty free art that I purchased from istockphoto.com and put together in Photoshop. And the "Herp Heroes" page is the section dedicated to my club, so it's not available to the general public.

Comments and input are always welcome.

...Oh, and if you have a site and want it listed - just give me a holler.

Re: Boa Tails goes live (my new site)

It looks good. I really like the cleanness of it (tho I'm not much of a fan of WordPress itself) The header looks great, along with the nav menu buttons (about, etc)

As long as you blog a few times a month (more is better, as long as its of decent substance) I think you'll develop a nice little group of readers over time. Even though my blog is more for 'what is ticking me off lately' I'll toss a link to yours on there next time I update mine. I might be able to send you 10 or 20 hits a year lol

Comment

Nice sit ei am in the process of photoshopping mine stioll.

Comment

It looks real nice

Chris

Comment

Thanks, guys.

I just added the material to the "About My Boas" page. The Care portion will take longer to flesh out since there's a lot to cover, but as with any site: it's always growing.

Comment

MAN...i was SO hoping to see my name in the Herp Heros section

Nice lookin site Mike...nice and clean!
            Ernest

www.magikboas2011.wix.com/home Where you will find Available Boas to my Magik BBQ Sauce!

Comment

Nice site....Yeah I can imagine that the boa care part would be extra hard...especially coming from here, where we always refer everyone to the Ultimate Care guide....which I think is pretty darn good and everything is covered...but still not complete...maybe you can fill in those gaps

I like that you Have BHB in your breeder section...

Comment

Originally posted by jgonzalez305 View Post
                Nice site....Yeah I can imagine that the boa care part would be extra hard...especially coming from here, where we always refer everyone to the Ultimate Care guide....which I think is pretty darn good and everything is covered...but still not complete...maybe you can fill in those gaps

I like that you Have BHB in your breeder section...

There's a lot that goes into care and husbandry, and I tend to over-verbalize some things, so keeping it concise and informative will be a challenge. I also don't want to step on Clay of Jeff's toes and their work on the UCG. My goal is not to create an ultimate resource, but one that is well regarded, useful, informative, and touches on what people generally need to know when keeping boas. ...Although knowing me it will probably wind up being pretty extensive and verbose

I may actually see if a few others would be willing to pen portions of the Care section since there are those with more knowledge and experience than myself. Example: I know of folks who are better versed in IBD and mouth rot than myself. It would only be logical to have someone with more knowledge speak on given a subject.

And how could I not include BHB in the breeders? Brian's a key player in the herp community!

Which brings me to another point: if you breed and want the link let me know and I'll add you to the list of breeders.

Comment

thats a really nice looking site mike congrats on that really dude....so what is the herp heros club?

Comment

Originally posted by MSwift View Post
                    so what is the herp heros club?
                    I'm the leader of the Morris County, NJ Herpetology Heroes. It's a 4-H club. If, you're not sure what 4-H is it's a youth organization that focuses learning by doing. There are a wide variety of project focuses in 4-H (herpetology being only one), and in a given project kids learn by being a part of the project. They not only learn via hands on interaction with the project, but through the other members on the club and their experiences, but they then can take that knowledge and give it back to the community. So the kids learn about their projects as they work on them/with them, and then they are able to better share that knowledge with the community at large.

My club members range from age in 7 to 16. Technically the club's age group is 10-19, but because their is not herpetology in the Prep end of 4-H (that's the under 10 age range), and there has been such enthusiasm about it in the the younger kids I opened the clubs doors to the younger ages as well.

Comment

Good job Mike , that looks great !

Lar M
                      Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Lar!

Comment

Looks good, I'm glad you put the important stuff on the first page. Down with S373!

Comment

I like the site. You're doing it for a good cause too. Don't look at me for IBD and mouth rot, although I would be happy to help with a "my snake won't eat" section. 8 years of keeping BPs taught me a lot about that
                            http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

Mike I quickly looked it over but it looked great. Would you consider taking contributions from others? I don;t know if thats common in Blogs and I was not asking because I have anything, it just came to me while looking over the site.

Comment

Working...
                              X