Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD to hard drive software

Hey Gang,

I'm looking for recommendations on software. I've got a new laptop with windows 7 and a 500gig hard drive. I've got about 100 DVDs that I want to transfer to my hard drive so that I can watch them on either my laptop, or through ITunes and on my IPod.

Do any of you have any suggestions for software that'll do this in one process? I'd rather not have one program to de-encrypt, another to transfer to HD, and then another to convert it to a watchable format. I'm looking for a one-shot deal, preferably under $100.
    "It is not my responsibility to live up to other people's perceptions of who I am. I am only responsible for living up to the standards I set for myself, to be the person I want to be."

Re: DVD to hard drive software

Erin...like 100 "Movie" Dvds? Like ie...Matrix, Rocky 1-38, Hangover...etc etc? If so..let me ask my bud and i will get back to you!

This is one i use to do all of my LARGE MPEGs from my camera and make them into SMALLER AVI Files to load up on YouTube...i saw that it has a button called..."Add DVD"...i'm guessing it might work and will compress them to a smaller file as well and save u some room. Here is the link where you can get the software...it's FREE!!!

http://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/
    Last edited by BigPaPaErnest; 12-30-2009, 08:54 PM.
    Ernest

www.magikboas2011.wix.com/home Where you will find Available Boas to my Magik BBQ Sauce!

Comment

Originally posted by monkeywrench133 View Post
      Hey Gang,

I'm looking for recommendations on software. I've got a new laptop with windows 7 and a 500gig hard drive. I've got about 100 DVDs that I want to transfer to my hard drive so that I can watch them on either my laptop, or through ITunes and on my IPod.

Do any of you have any suggestions for software that'll do this in one process? I'd rather not have one program to de-encrypt, another to transfer to HD, and then another to convert it to a watchable format. I'm looking for a one-shot deal, preferably under $100.

Handbrake is one of the most-used. Pretty easy to use and works well - giving you ability to create a variety of outputs as needed:

HandBrake

You could also look into DVD Shrink. It's another popular freeware, but I've never tried it:

dvdshrink.org: FREE Backup Solution for your DVD movies!

For other options or instructions/help, Google "DVD ripping".

Comment

Thank you both!

I'll check out those freeware programs!

But if you do get a chance to ask your friend, I'd appreciate the input, Ernest.
        "It is not my responsibility to live up to other people's perceptions of who I am. I am only responsible for living up to the standards I set for myself, to be the person I want to be."

Comment

I'll talk to him tomorrow Erin and see what he says!
          Ernest

www.magikboas2011.wix.com/home Where you will find Available Boas to my Magik BBQ Sauce!

Comment

DVD Shrink isnt bad. I had it for a little while and put a few movies on my blackberry. I think it took 9 minutes to do PORKY'S lol

Comment

To update everyone:

I tried HandBrake and DVDshrink, and couldn't get either of them to work.

So, at someone's recommendation, I tried DVDFab. It Works!! I've spent the last few days transferring DVDs to my hard drive, as either Ipod compatable, or a full, 100% copy of the DVD watchable on my computer.

There are a number of different components available, I got "DVD to DVD", "DVD to Mobile", and "File Transfer". Total cost was about $82, for a two year, fully supported subscription. There were other options, "Blu-Ray To Blu-Ray" and "File to Mobile" that looked interesting, but that I did not get.
              Last edited by monkeywrench133; 01-10-2010, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Awesome Erin...glad it worked for u!
                Ernest

Comment

Working...
                X