X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re:fuzzy pics

I am no pro so go ahead and pick apart my photos
    Here are a couple of pics I took with the CP2100 the first is of my male BCI and natural light, the second is of my female BCI under normal flour. lighting with a flash. I left the camera on auto and had the macro function turned on for both.

Re:fuzzy pics

Hey Storm,

That outdoor shot is real nice. I love the detail on his head.
    OK, when I look at images I take or any for that matter I always ask myself what would I do different if I was reshooting it, or how could I have made it better.
    Really the only 2 things I would have done differently is. 1. Put a white colored board under the snakes head, on the ground. it could have reflected up some light and gave more detail to the under neith of the snakes head and would have lightened the eyes up and showed the boas split eyes better.. But other then that I reall like the shot.

The indoor shot of the face. I always feel bad for the little guy.. Glad he is in a good home now.. OK back to the critique..

Again not a bad shot at all. Now what would I change. Well my eyes keep going to the blue material in the bottom left of the image. May want to edit that out. Since your flash is so stong, what might help is one layer of tissue over the flash. it will difuse the light and you can avoid and harsh shadows and it will give the over all detail a more uniform lighting and it will help. If you can, put a white panel of some kind at an angel to what you are shooting,. It will reflect lighting towards your subject.

Good shots. Share some more..
    Steve

Comment

Thanks for the information... I never though of using a white board.

That was my shoulder in the second pic I was holding her with one hand and aiming the cam with the other!

Comment

Hey Stormyva,

Glad it helped. Any white board will work. Mostly I use foam core board from the local art shop. Works real well.

Your shoulder, now thats a hard way to shoot..

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X