This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikon Coolpix 2100

Any of you guys have used or use one? Just wondering. I have finally placed my order; couldn't resist the free overnight shipping and 64M flash card. From others, I've heard lots of good things about it and seen many great pictures. Just curious what you guys think about it.

Re:Nikon Coolpix 2100

Hi XzyluM,

Not a bad camera at all.. I like Nikon, always have and the coolpics are always good cameras. Its a 2.0 mega pixel which is fine for small prints and more then fine for the net and posting pics..

Hope you got a good deal. When you get it share some pics.. One thing you will like is the cool pics can focus as close as 1.8 inches away. just make sure the subject and you camera hand is very still..

Good luck with it..
    Steve

Comment

Well, come to find out, the site I ordered from didn't have it in stock unlike there site said, so I cancelled the order. Found another one, ordered, but have cancelled that one because I am considering the Fuji Finepix 2800, what you think about that one and the two versus each other?

Comment

Thats a hard call. I tend to like the finepix because the one I use has been great. I have the S602. Its basically a Fuji S-2 without some extra features.

They are close to specs. I think to be honest if I was getting one of them I would go for the Fuji. They are solid and take a real nice pic. I know canon is realeasing a new digital this month that has a new type of chip for processing that is supposed to be a real good one. Not sure what they will go for. I know the Fuji goes for about $250 - $300 depending where you get them. i couldn't find the close up specs on the Fuji. that would be a consideration for me. I love Macro shooting with snakes..

Tell us what you get..
        Steve

Comment

Besides the more enhanced features and options, I'm leaning toward the Finepix because of the solid image quality. Two of the sites I go to with quality prices both are out of stock with both cameras. They should be in this week or the next. Will let you know.

Comment

Have to watch some of these net sales. I remember when I was looking for a cheaper price on my FinePix I found one place that was like 300 cheaper then anyone else. I called them and they said they had them in stock. I called back 20 mins later and when I went to order it, he started trying to sell me all the stuff that came in the box normally. After adding it all up it was more then my normal supplier. So I said just the camera body and wouldn't yuou know it, it was then on back oder...LOL.. Always a scam.. If you haven't tried it yet, check for your camera at BHphotovideo.com .. They are here in NY and are the biggest supplier sub retail and retail in the world. never had a problem with them yet..

Good luck
            Steve

Comment

I am very careful when ordering online. Two of the sites I always order computer components and other things from have them coming back into stock. Guess I'm going to wait until they get back in stock.

Comment

Xzylum from what I can recall both cams that you are looking at are great as everyone has told you, but take a look at battery life on the two of them. The Coolpix sucks up some batteries which means carrying along a LOT of nimh batteries for back up. For a typical weekend with a decent amount of pics (around 75-100) I go through at least two sets of batteries and go a fair way into a third set.

Just something to think about.

Comment

Working...
                X