Camping Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping Trip

I am trying to put together a camping trip for sometime in July for all of us to get together and put some faces to the names and just have a good time.

Here is where I was thinking about doing the whole thing......
    Harpers Ferry, WV KOA Campgrounds:
    http://www.koa.com/where/md/48107.htm
    Tubing can be arranged, Historic Harpers Ferry, WV (close for the civil war buffs), lots of river bank and forest to hike and herp on/in

Ideas for alternate dates and/or locations are welcome. ( I was thinking of a location in a three or four hour radius of Richmond, VA that would offer an opportunity to get out in the woods and do a little herping as well as have fun doing other stuff.)

Re: Camping Trip

I think that would be great. I'm only going to be there if we can get like 20 or more people for it. It's not too long of a drive from here in Pa.

Comment

So far I have at least 6 from "another site" and 6 including me, my wife, and a few friends.
      That makes 12 total so we are close to your 20

Now the trick is nailing down a date and making the camping reservations.

Comment

lol sounds fun but thats along way from texas lmao!!!!

Comment

Come on Texas isn't that far... hey catch a ride with Clay on his speed machine! ;D

Comment

8)Sounds like you all are gona have some fun.. ;D Im working on getting a bunch of people together to come stay here and camp out on my property.. we are gona have bon fire each night and lots of great food and drinks, and also go bug and herp hunting. Im hoping to have this all together for a August camp out and of course theres my house on the property so everyone can use the facilaties and also take showers if anyone wants to.. I have power out back if anyone needs it.. And whats so cool is its all woods and lots wild life... ;D

Comment

Where are you Barracuda?

Comment

8)Well it aint the south :-/ but we do have lots diffrent snakes and turtles, frogs, salamanders and skinks.. Im in Michigan.. Yeah i know its just not the south... :-[ But us bug hunters have a real blast when we get together out in the middle of the woods..LOL!!!!!!

Comment

lol catch a ride woth clay on his speed machine, that just made me giggle too funny! LOL wonder how much it would cost to send myself fed ex lmaoooooooooooooooooooo JUST KIDDIN

Comment

Re:Camping Trip

Looks like the trip will be planned for July 11th, 12th and 13th and somewhere in VA.

Some recommendations are:
                    Kiptopeke State Park
                    http://www.dcr.state.va.us/parks/kiptopek.htm
                    Bear Creek State Park
                    http://www.dcr.state.va.us/parks/bearcreek.htm

Anyone interested?

Comment

Camping Trip Update

Here is the info....

Kiptopeke State Park on the Eastern Shore of VA.
                      Arrive July 11th and leave July 13th.

So far it appears that we will have a decent turnout of herpers and non-herpers. As of right now there are approx 10-12 people that have said they are going.

Anyone that is interested email or pm me so I know you are interested in going. I am going to contact the site today and get information on the group sites.

Comment

Working...
                      X