Has anyone spoken to Lori?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone spoken to Lori?

Does anyone know how she is doing? I know the last time she was on here, she was fighting a kidney infection from e-coli and fighting her intense migraines. Does anyone know if she's doing any better? Just curious and hope she feels better soon.

Re: Has anyone spoken to Lori?

You know karot that is a good point she has not been around much latley at all. I hope she is okay ???.

Comment

:'( Yeah im worried about her to as i know how those headaches are as i get them really bad to and have to take meds for them.. And also im worried about her health as she was telling me all the stuff shes been tru with the docs.. LORI, we all hope you are getting better and doing ok and we dearly miss you tons.. :'( :'(

Comment

I have been lingering around these forums for a while and i havent seen Lori in a while either. I also havent seen her on Reptile Haven for a long while. Hope she is ok. Come back soon Lori.

Comment

I talked with her about two days ago and she was doing good. She did mention that she would not be on as much right now due to illness and some other things, but she is going better. deadboy, Lori resigned from RH and is no longer part of the site due to unspecified reasons.

Comment

I'm here..and not..LOL I have been dealing with some major medical for like the past 3-4 weeks time now. I have an ecoli infection to my right kidney..migraine due to the lasting fever I can't shake off also. BUT with meds the migraine is being kept to a minimum level np. Once I get rid of the infection and the fever goes..the migraine should also go away they tell me too. I also had one day where I had some surgical done in relation to all of this going on too.
            I also have a dangerously low potassium level which they have told me, or rather hinted, that it is due to the kidney thing. I dunno..haven't really checked into it at all myself yet. The potassium thing relates to me having like no energy also. Which relates to me sleeping a ton of the time also..UGH. So if I am not at the hosptial getting iv meds like anti-biotics or infusions of potassium via iv..Then I am basically sleeping at home. Think I have actually been sleeping about 18 out of 24 hours as of lately too. arghh. That's why i have not been around or ol much at all in past few weeks time. I have appt' with Boston area Dr's next week and hopefully they can find a regime that will take care of the medical going on that I have. What is being done locally here is not working really far as I can see at all.
            Last time [ like 7 years ago or so, that my kidney acted up like this and I had an infection of ecoli in it also....] it took like 6 months of treatment , including surgicals, to get it under control. BUT I did not have the potassium thing going on at that time either. So I expect this time to take awhile also.
            Due to this..I have told my husband to downsize my collection a bit too. he has been taking care of it basically by himself with my kids help. He does have someone else that helps some when they can or are asked also. Basically it is the large burms I have told him to find new homes for some of them. Those ones he really shouldn't be handling himself at all. They are all like 9'+ burms and some can be a bit temperamental at times too. I sent emails out to some people that i know that keep large burms to see if they'd like to take them in possibly for their collection. The boas he can handle np though. I also will post up a couple of the other reptiles that we have multiples of too on the boards here. Just trying to downsize so that it is not as hard on my husband to keep up with the collection without my help at all for now. Once I get through all of this medical stuff I can upgrade the collection again np.

Comment

I hope things go well for you, our thoughts are with you always!!

Comment

Lori,
                Hope you're feeling better soon. prayers are with you-lots!
                Lisa

Comment

Wow, it's been almost 2 months since Lori has been on here. Has anybody heard from her or know how she's doing. I'm actually kind of worried about her!!! :-/ :-/ :-/

Comment

Re:Has anyone spoken to Lori?

:-\ Lori, i see you finaly came back. sounds like you have been going thru some hard times.. Why didnt you call me?? I was waitting for my new boa and you up and dissapeared.. :'( :'( :'( Its been so long... :'( Anyways welcome back Lady!!!

Comment

Ok... I guess that is fine...
                      lol
                      Come to think of it why did I even stick my nose in... lol
                      Just ignore that post...lol
                      But I am glad she is ok heath wise... I don't wish harm on anything...
                      Most of the time... (misquitos, nat's, flys, ect, ect...)
                      Eric aka....Red

Comment

Lori, I hope you are feeling better and can come back into the game soon.

Comment

I am expecting this topic to stay on the original topic point. It is simply inquiring about Lori and her health problems.
                          To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
                          -Clay English
                          Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

Well Lori,

I hope things get better for you as this year has been hard for alot of people.

Comment

Working...
                            X