Mushrooming....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mushrooming....

8) This is what spring is all about and easy fast tax free cash!!!!! ;D ;D On a typical mornning we get anywheres from 5 to 15 pounds picked in few hrs time..

"Morel Mushrooms"...

Re: Mushrooming....

???I'm sure I probably sound like an idiot for asking this, but...

What do you use them for? :-/

Comment

;D what looks like alittle is more than you see this was over 30 pounds of mushrooms we picked in less than 3 hrs.... In this pic theres giant whites, grays and lots blacks at the other end of the table.. they took up my whole table.. This pic does them no justice....... ;D

Comment

8)Jeff ya use them for eatting, cooking with them is fun you can freez them or dry them out or whatever.. we love to deep fry ours in butter.. Yummy!!! People buy these by the pound and they aint cheap... $25 a pound for blacks, $40 a pound for grays, $45 a pound for whites and also $50 a pound for giants.. These bags was picked in less than 1 hr and we had 12 pounds.. As you can see it was still alittle dark out at 6am, throw away cameras just dont take good pics.... :-/

Comment

I'm just not used to seeing that type of fresh picked mushroom. The only ones I've ever seen are the ones you typically see in pictures that look like umbrellas. I also wasn't sure if you were using them for personal use, or if they were part of your animal's diet. Thanks for the info though, always good to learn new things!!

Comment

I usta live in a town that people would come and pic all the time... then they would come up to me trying to find a place that bought them and I would tell them I didn't know then get them off of them for like 10 -12 a pound and turn and sell them for 30-40 dollars a pound... Got to always be look'in for the angle huh... lol The funny thing is I was like 12...
            We have people come up with pigs and every thing up here... kinda weird crowd though... most are non-english speaking...
            THat looked like quit a hall.... You are just full of hobbies...
            Eric aka...Red

Comment

Barracuda,
              Thats quite a few,the white morels only sell for 10-15 bucks a pound here ,$45 ...... WOW
              I can never find more than a pound or two at a time. Now it's just about the end of mushroom season here .So I gotta wait till next year.
              Later on,
              Dan

Comment

8)Wow thats a small price for your whites.. our season is commin to a end to and the giants should be poping up here within the next few days as they are the last of the morels to run each spring.... Yup our prices have been this way for more than 12 yrs so if people like um and they want them they pay for um.. we have steddy customers since many yrs ago that call us and we tell them when we have them in.. il tell ya it gets ya outa debt very fast in spring each yr..... ;D

Comment

Hi,
                  Any of you people out there thinking about jumping in to this mushroom thing be sure and do your homework, there are a few mushrooms that will Kiick-ure-arses :P :P and make you cold blooded like your snake. :-[
                  I worked in an ER in the 70's and a couple of them Fungi can put you down rather well... There's one called the angel of death a rather pretty mushroom but a tad toxic
                  Yea be sure you buy a good book...
                  Doug

Comment

Very good point Doug,, there are several false Morels and ones we call caps they look like Morels but if you know what your doing you can tell the difference just by looking at them.. We get alot of people that say oh geez we just got our morels cheaper down the road and we ask to see them and sure enough they paid for caps or false morels and we tell them please dont eat these as they can make you very ill and put you in the hospital.. Some people listen and some dont.. Its a real shame when ya get people who think they know what there doing and selling and dont..... :-/ If your allergic to any kind of mold spores dont eat mushrooms as you can have a reaction to them...

Comment

8)This is a pic of some other mushrooms we pick and eat.. we dont sell these.. :-/ These are called Snow Mushrooms, we call them Beefsteak mushrooms.. Sometimes we find them alot bigger than the ones in the pic...

Comment

8)I know the pic is alittle hard to make out but these Gray morels grew under a tree out back of our house.. You can kinda make um out.. :-/

Comment

Sounds and looks like you have quite the fungus farm going on there!!! ;D Have you any Portabellas? I love these shrooms stuffed, breaded and deep fried!! Mmmm Mmmm Mmmmmm!!!!!!

Jeff

Comment

HI,
                            I ve had the fried porta's that taste like steak,,, they are great..
                            know your fungus amongstus : hehe

doug

Comment

Working...
                            X