Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It must be spring ( non-snake post)

HI Forum,
    was out looking for my hibernating box turtles in the yard and found about four different species of birds nesting in my back yard.
     I have two purple martin houses that are filling up.
    I have a blue bird house that got a pair nesting
    And found two different robins nest in my back yard this group used some plastic netting to give that nest some resilance.
    Very clever Robins,and my favorite blue color...

I also found two pairs of doves nesting along the fence in another  cedar. if I coud keep those malards out of my ponds..

Re: It must be spring ( non-snake post)

8)Wow awsome pic of the robin eggs Doug... We got this one robin that just insists on making a nest on my front porch rail..because i live in the woods we get all kinds birds nesting here.. We have 3 pairs fly catchers nesting in the horses barn.. chickidees in stumps and in few rotted trees.. wood peckers all over the place.. and we have a pair of flying squirels nesting in a hole in the barn wood they only come out at night.. Nice pic Doug!!!! ;D

Comment

HI,
      Thanks I really love that nature stuff, its been a rather cool spring here in VA. Its like we are month behind on temps.
       Doug
      Look thru the apple tree and you can see My blue bird house ther's two in it now... hehe

Comment

We are having the moistest spring in like 40 years here in Oregon… Well at least in Jackson co. Well we had a pair of blue jays that had nested in the tree in my back yard but when I got home last night my land lord had cut down the tree…. It was a cotton wood so I can not say I am sorry to see it go… Nice pic’ Doug… I can’t wait in a couple months I will be living in the woods like 15 miles from town…. Ya’ baby… that is what I am talking about…
        Have a good spring… I will be huddled in my snake room staying out of the rain…
        Eric aka….Red

Comment

Wow Doug, must be nice to have leafs on the trees and green grass.. We are just now starting to get buds on our trees. Man what a beautiful yard dude....
          Heres a pic of our driveway, this was taken few yrs back during spring. This is what i mean about livin in the woods our house is a quarter of a mile back in off the main road and this is only half of the driveway.. Then the property goes a quarter of a mile back past the house.. Very nice.. I love it.. That gate is no longer there.. now theres a new gate up..

Comment

And heres what it looks like in the fall.. looking down the drive from the house.. back side of gate.. you should see how pretty it is in the fall here with all the trees..

Comment

Doug, That is one very beautiful yard you have. I'll be getting a new house soon. I hope in a couple of years, my yard will look that nice!!! ;D s9.gif s12.gif

Comment

HI.
                i like that fall picture must be nice to have all that room and privacy.
                 here's the right corner of my yard in summer pre fall,
                 we did all the planting our self and i put in both of the ponds there from lowes.

the upper pond before the runoff to the second pond.
                I ve had humming bird feed off plants 1 ft from me on the deck this is my favorite place in the summer, sometimes I'll sit with a boa and just watch all the action.

Comment

You must be a real hobbiest huh.. lol
                  I lov' to take care of my house and pets... it gets me away from it all for awile...
                  My friends say I am like a 21 year old hank hill you know "The gudders need cleaning. All you see is gost trail of me left.. next thing you know I am on the roof.. what do you mean the door squiks I will fix it... lol
                  Eric aka....red

Comment

8)Hey Doug wow you really have one nice yard... Yeah i love my privacy and havin deer and bears and bobcats here on the property make it even nicer.. its great to have the wild turkeys come right up and eat out of the feeders.. and to have the deer right in the horses pasture.. Great to have morning coffee or be eatting dinner and watch them from the kitch window.. Dude we have tons humming birds here in the woods..when ya go out to put the necter in the feeder they buzz around your head and if your wearing a red shirt or anything red they try to fed off it.. I like it when the owls come out at night and hoot... 8) Its so quiet out here..and at night its so black you can see a mil stars and all kinds things going over.. ;D Nope i would never give it up.......

Comment

Barracuda, that sounds absolutly tranquil!!!!! I would love to live in the back woods like that. Not having anyone else bugging into your buisness. This is why I would never live in the city or in an apartment building!!!!! All the wildlife running through your yard, would be grrrrrreat!!! b27.gif All we get is stray cats, coons, possoms and the occasional coyote.

Comment

Evil , one day we was sitting on the deck in the front and we saw this wierd looking animal commin up the hill from the horses pasture and sure enough it was a beautiful mink or wessel, not sure. we see them once in a great while.. We have quail that cross the driveway with there young in the summer its so cute to watch them.. we also have few pairs of Bald Eagles that nest on lake cadillac.. We have a few red fox that hang in the area that we see from time to time but they usualy hang out at night...

Comment

You are making me want to move to michigan!!!! I really want to live in a wooded area!!! That would just be great. Except for the whole winter thing and having trees fall in your driveway and almost hit the house. That would suck!!!!!

Comment

;D ;DHahahaha!! you just had to remind me of that didnt you... : Really now it aint that bad.. you just gota get use to being "yukon jack"... ;D Oh wait you can be "outback Evil" b27.gif b13.gif..

Comment

HI,
                              Them eggs are gone and now there's some little guys hanging out

they will be loose in the yard soon. Doug

Comment

Working...
                              X