tempeture question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tempeture question.

ok im getting my new babie red tail tommarow and wanted to make sure the temps are right since this is my first boa.ok the basking spot it about 91-94 and the hot side is around 80-82 and the cool side is like 75-80.

will this work?

thanks!

Re: tempeture question.

ok i have the basking spot like 94-95 i cant get it down and when it does it goes in the 80's so is 94-95 ok??

i need help with this fast b/c he is coming in TOMMAROW

Comment

What are you using to heat it? As for quoting your temps all you really need to say is your hottest spot (i.e. basking spot) and your coolest spot in the cage.

One suggestion with the limited amount of information you gave:

If you are heating with a heat lamp buy a rheostat (i.e. dimmer switch) to turn it down some. This will also work with under the tank heaters.

Comment

i have a U.T.H and a heat lamp thing

Comment

The warm side needs to be around 86-88. If you have trouble keeping the temperatures stable, you should consider getting a rheostat or a thermostat. The UTH itself may do the job, if not, you may want to try a lower wattage bulb.

Comment

Oops, I just realized I couldn't move this topic after looking for the option after about ten minutes. s3.gif

Comment

Working...
            X