preditory mites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• preditory mites?

I was just reading about t's and I found a place that said you can get red of mites on t's by buying some preditory mites and they will eat the other mites... Has anybody herd of this..
    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ta...com&rnum=1
    There is the link it is right there in the top couple paragraphs...
    Eric... aka....Red

Re: preditory mites?

8) First off mites wont be on your T's unless they come in with some of your prey items or if your cage gets dirty and there is left over food items..Also some import T's come in with mites.. There is another way of getting rid of the mites, pill bugs have been used and these pill bugs eat the mites and also clean up the left overs from the T's.. As far as using other mites to get rid of more mites i wouldnt go that far.. just make sure all left over food and chewed up crix wads are cleaned out once a week and all should be fine.. The mites your normaly see if the T has them are white to gray and very very tiny specks.. You will see the mites crawling on the bedding and on any food thats left over.. If this is the prob clean out your cage and scrub it with hot soapy water then make sure your rinse well and use all new bedding, wash all decorations to.. if ya keep having probs with mites and you keep cleaning out your cage then the mites are commin in on the feeder prey.... If there are any mites on the T's which should only be few if that you can wait till the T molts and remove the molt as soon as possible as the mites will be on that....I hope this helps... as far as T's go you should be fine.. there was a real bad outbreak of T's getting mites last summer but most of it was commin from a bad batch of feeder insects that was going around.. Or if you are using pinkie mice to feed a large T please make sure it wasnt housed on cedar bedding or that mite dust or chemicals used to keep the mice clear of mites as this will kill the T because it is on the pinkies skin...I myself raise my own feeders so i know what my T's and other animals are getting....

Comment

Hey barricuda are you saying that cedar oils are deadly to T's too?

Comment

8) Yes cedar is a natural insect repelant and it can and will harm your T's......

Comment

Working...
        X