This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting to get irritating...

(i didn't know where to post this, here, or on the forum faqs board so i figured i might as well post it here since that board no one uses.) Well...i was trying to write the word 'teaspoon' in a post, but whenever i did it would replace the word spoon with 'thingy'. Not exactly the word i wanted. I tried to fix it with modify quite a few times and it did absolutely nothing. Wondered if this happened to anyone else and what I can do make it stop. :P (this isn't really that important but it's annoying)

Re: starting to get irritating...

I rest my case. It won't let me post it. ugh. >

Comment

Sorry, BUT your probably running interferance with a "word filter" when posting here. I can't say for sure 100% though. I am not sure if Clay has a filter on the site or not actually. Sounds like it is one though. Just choose a different word is all than your trying to use. Filters get put in place due to "some people's language use" is all. Every so often a filter will pick up on a word and change it cuz it has a "word" embedded in it that's on the list. Sounds like that's what's happening here. If Clay doesn't have a filter, then I haven't a clue what's going on then at all.

Comment

There is absolutely a filter program running on the forum. I searched the database and found the word poon was being replaced by thingy. I thought this was harmless enough so I removed this filter from the program.

It should now let you use words like teaspoon and spoon etc etc
        To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
        -Clay English
        Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

LOL I thought that's what was happening possibly. Sometimes the filters can be a pita with grabbing words that have another word embedded in em though. NOW.. IF people didn't utilize some of the lovely language on public forums.. then none of us would need filters either on sites .. Don't ya think ? ;D Just another way to aggravate the rest of the forum communities is all lol

Comment

Working...
          X