• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **UPDATE** Auction system is LIVE here on Redtailboas.com

***UPDATE*** Auction is now LIVE

http://auction.redtailboas.com

=============================================

Trying to get ideas if members would be interested in an Auction system as part of the Redtailboas.com family.

Typical auction system like you have seen elsewhere, just here with the RTBs community.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.
    ClayEnglish
    RTB's Administrator
    Last edited by ClayEnglish; 08-21-2005, 09:57 AM.
    To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
    -Clay English
    Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Re: Thoughs on Auction system here on Redtailboas.com

I guess it wouldnt be to much of a bad idea, I mean it would be a great way to get rid of unwanted reptile goods(if that is what would be auctioned).

Well those are my 2 cents from a dieing boy.

Comment

How would you set it up, police it, fees, costs, etc?

I think it would be great to have a safe & secure place to auction misc animals and/or goods.

Comment

Auctioning supplies would be cool. I'm not a fan of livestock auctions of any form, but if it was a safe, secure auction for members of the site, I guess it wouldn't be too bad.

Comment

With the growing poularity of reptiles and the increasing difficulty of marketing boas (in my case) using the Kingsnake classified system, I believe that the

e-bay sytle auction might be an idea whose time has come. An ad posted on Kingsnake, while listed for 24 hours, is many times OFF the first page of classifieds in less than 2 hours. A very GOOD sign for the reptile business, but sometimes frustrating for the individual trying to sell his boas.

With the amount of traffic that your website has, Clay, you might be in the perfect position to try something like an auction. You will also, in all liklihood, increase the number of paid memberships to your site, insuring it's continued growth into the future. Speaking of which, I need to subscribe soon. Been meaning to for awhile now!

There you go.....my thoughts!

Denny Rimes

Comment

do it clay...sounds like good idea...especially for those who wish to sell used items such as cages and heating elements...not to mention used boas...lol...i have a water bowl for sale...bids start at 25 cents...do i hear 30, 30, 30 , 30......35, 40, 45, sooold for 45 cents to clay english..lol...i would love to have an auction here...

Comment

I think that would be a great idea. My thoughts mirror Denny's. I think we would do a great job of watching over it here to avoid reptibid type scams that seem to be common (over there at least). Having a legitimate and well organized auction section would be an asset to the community.

Comment

I know I am sort of new here but i am an avid memebr of www.e46fanatics.com . They have a for sale section there along with a buyer/seller feedback area. It really isnt secure but youlearn about the seller from others experiences. Overall it works greatr, I have bought and sold items on that site. just an example

Comment

I say go for it.

Comment

i am with denny on this. ebay style would be really really good. and the kingsnake thing it is on the next page by the end of the day.

my 2 cents

Comment

I think that'd be a great idea! I also agree with Denny.

Comment

Clay I would love you for ever if you would start auctions on here. Because I love the dealing with the people on here and i am always looking for snakes. I think it is a great idea. Maybe I went a little far with the love you thing sorry. LOL

Comment

I think it's a good idea. I have sold snakes once on another site..but was always affraid to try to bid on any. I have read so many negitice things about shady people and no people who have been ripped off. With the ways things are ran here I can trust that it will have the same values and good tactics that the forrum has. I would be comforatable using it.

Comment

I think it would be awesome for us members to be kinda trading boas around! Kinda like musical boas! LOL Just joking. But not really. I think we would be able to keep in touch with our sales a lot better. Knowing that they are going to good homes.

Comment

I agree that with this size of a site and traffic hits it would be a really good venture. I think that would add even more diversity to this site. I always tell people "it's not just snakes there's a forum for anything and everything!" Now it'll just be all that much more alluring!

Comment

Working...
                              X