This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird or not??

My girl has started acting kind of funny. Lately she has figured out how that if she pushes her water dish over, the paper substrate pops up and she can go underneath it. She now stays under there for hours at a time. This confuses me because i was told that snakes feel uncomfortable when they are on smooth surfaces like glass. I was just curious. This is the first new behavior i have noticed in the year i have had her. Any ideas ???

Re: Weird or not??

Because Clay houses my geckos in his snake building, I see his snakes quite regularly. Clay uses newspaper for his substrate and I see his boas underneath the paper a lot.

I know in the wild all snakes get underneath shrub, leaves etc. for comfort and security. I think it would be ok for yours to be underneath her paper.

Comment

Re: Weird or not??

I have a strange one, too. Instead of being on the warm end, he'd rather be on the cold end in that hide, with all the wood chips pushed out of his way, nestled onto the cold, foreboding glass beneath. ??? Dunno what his deal is.

Comment

Working...
      X