Fonzy....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fonzy....

8)Well just to let you know Cato has made it here and is doing well.. He ended getting out of his pillow case thru a small hole befour he arived here.. He was looking at us like "what happend" when we opend his styrafoam box.. was to funny to see such a cute face... He is roaming around slowly checking out his new home and warming up.. He a real sweety Jeff.. I love him... Thank You!!!!!! He will be well cared for and loved....

Re:Fonzy....

;D hehehe,, this is to funny Jeff, by the time you read this Cato is gona be spoiled.. Im sitting here in the office and Cato is all nice and snug in his log house and he has his head wraped around the conner of the log and watching the breeder rats in the rack system i thru together out of a Sterilite thing i found at the store.. Whats funny is he's fixiated on them, like in a daze.. he's soooo cool.. Then he looks over at me on the comp as if to "say lady will ya get up and give me one of those".. ;D

Comment

8) Good news Jeff, Cato slammed 2 small-meduim size rats pre killed.. I will up his prey size in 8 days to extra large F/T i know he can handle a jumbo rat but im gona gradualy work the prey size up.. If he eats real well ever 8 to 10 days he will gian a good amount of weight and really be lookin good.. Hes been sprayed down good with the vita spray and hes all nice and supple.. ;D

Comment

Tracey,

Glad to hear he made it O.K. and that he had no problem with the F/T rats!! He is a great snake, I hope you enjoy him as much as I did. You'll find that he loves to come out and spend time with you. So much so that he will not want to go back to his cage and will make every effort to stay out!! I know what you mean by spoiling, I just finished getting my baby boa a bigger cage, this one is 3x the size of his old one!! Whatever will he do with all that extra room? I'm also thinking about getting either a baby rat snake or a medium corn snake. Both have become recently available and are in need of a good home. BTW, when I was looking for this thread, I totally missed it because I didn't scroll down far enough, talk about spacing out!! s4.gif Enjoy your new boa - I did!! I'll talk to you later.

Jeff

Comment

8)he's doing fine Jeff, typical male boa..lol.. He's been regulating him self from hide log to basking spot few hrs each day and he watches me when im in the office.. 8)Next week im upping his prey size.. He dont seem to mind when i spray him with the vita spray..I still think hes some sort of a cross.. Il keep you up todate on him.... ;D

Comment

Thanks Tracey,

Does he still have the orange on his head? His color has been changing lately, it started off more on the pink side, and now it is turning orange. I wonder if he is going to eventually have all dark colors? We'll just have to wait and see.

Jeff

Comment

8)Yeah he still has the orange color on his head, im just wondering what cross he is, at first i was thinkin argentine, now im not sure.. Hes deffinately crossed as hes not a normal BCI. To me more like a Cancun.. as they have that wierd orangish color and to boot hes got them wierd saddles and diamonds on his sides.. I dont know, we shall see how he turns out after a yr.. I know one thing im gona have no prob putting weight on him..

Comment

Tracey,

Is he adjusting to his new home pretty good? Sounds like he is since he's already eaten. Like I said, he loves to come out and be held. He's a lot like a puppy or kitten that will bug the he!! out of you to always be playing or petting them!

Jeff

Comment

8)Update on Cato, hes doing very well and is now in the blue very heavey, he has put on some weight and is nice and round now, you can tell hes well hydrated, he had two real good meals befour going into a shed, once done with shed he will be getting a nice big jumbo rat. I think over the next few months he will continue to gain weight.. Hes doing real well Jeff...

Comment

Sounds great, I can't wait to see some pics of him!!

Jeff

Comment

8) Well update on Cato, he is doing well and has shed perfectly, looks good to.. He is slowly but surely putting on good weight and is still eatting good. He slamed another large rat 2 days ago, was gona use a jumbo rat but have desided to wait till the next feeding. Hes going outside today for some free time in the grass...Heres a cruddy throw away pic of him :-[ befour he shed about a week and a half ago.. Hes looking fatter already... He was sprayed with the vita spray 3 times befour shedding and not one prob shedding.. ;D

Comment

Tracey,

Thanks for the update, I'm very happy that he's doing good!! I'm also glad to hear that he's eating better! Keep me posted, I love to see pics of him!!

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                        X