Wild Kittens, Cuda to the rescue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild Kittens, Cuda to the rescue...

8)Well another day and sure enough mom to the rescue.. Out here people shoot wild cats that are roaming the woods, most have been abadoned or dumped off or left behind. I was out today walking thru the woods here on the property and when i came back i noticed something by the old horses barn. I walked over there and sure enough a dead wild cat shot in the hind end, it had been there for awhile.. I was checking to see how well the barn had held up over the winter and sure enough KITTENS was peeking out from under a board. :'( :'( Looks like mom tried to make it back to her "babies.. Only 2 of them orangish in color looked to be about 4 weeks old.. They had real bad eye infections and were very very thin. :'( So i gatherd them up, not to much fight in them they are very weak.. They were very dirty.. so i took them back to the house and JR is like "what now".. Hes like oh man not cats!.. Both got deflead and cleaned up and nails trimed.. Put alittle tuna fish juice on some canned cat food and both ate with gusto.. Cassie is now mommy to a new little orange kitten. So i called a friend and she took one home and is treating its eyes and i also gave her some cat wormer to use when the kitten gains some weight.. Atleast there cared for and not left to die.... What a day... 8) Il have to get some pics of the little rescue when my girlfriend comes over..

Re:Wild Kittens, Cuda to the rescue...

That sux I hate finding crap like that... glad to here you found them and are taking care of them...
    Eric aka....Red

Comment

Hey Barracuda,

More additions to your home.. Just what you needed huh..LOL

Hope they pull together and get well.. Now were these cats just ferral house cats or were they like bob cats.. if they were bob cats I can help with any info you might need. I had a few years back..

Steve

Comment

8)There just your average house cats but some of them are really wild and some of them are really big.. The mama that i found dead was one ive never seen around here befour. She was a black calico.. Cassies spending all her time with the kitten, talking to it and been feeding it, she made this cute little liter box, shes keeping its eyes cleaned out. Eeee gads shes calling it Sunrise.. Il put more anibiotics in its eyes befour i go to bed. I told her to wash everytime she gets done touching it and to keep it away from her eyes and face. Il be callin the vet on monday to have it checked over.. To me it looks like its about 4 weeks old. JR's eyes are just rollin in his head..hehehe!! Cassies "like you touch my kitty and your gona get it".. LOL!!! :P ;D

Comment

8)Good mornning and a update on the kitten.. Well the night went good and its using the little homemade liter box with natural dirt from outside as thats more than likely what its use to using.. Its eyes are now much better but i need to keep treating them for few more days, it has bonded with cassie and is actuly trying to play alittle.. Cassie has fed it few times and made sure it drank the kitten milk replacer. Shes keeping it away from all other animals till it sees the vet, i checked it over good and it has a nice round full tummy, more than likely it has worms, i looked to see if the fleas are dead and didnt find any but it will be treated again in a week.. You can feel all the bones in its body.. will take a about a week to get its weight to normal.. Cassie has made her choice for a name.. "Lemon"

Comment

You know Tracey, I am so glad that there are people out there like you!!! b3.gif b26.gif b27.gif b2.gif They kind of sound like our little "Zoey". She was also a stray, who was missing one of her feet. Only difference was that Mama just abadoned her at a friend of ours house and with the missing foot, she couldn't keep up. But we took her in and loved her!!!! Now she's a little terror to the other cats, but we still love her!!!

Comment

Yes Red, that does suck. I hate to hear about stuff like that too. To hear that she was trying to make it back to her babies is heart wrenching.

Cuda, I'm glad you got them and they are well taken care of now. At least there is some happines in this story.

Jeff J.

Comment

8)Thanks Evil, thats so sad shes missin a foot :'( good thing you took her in.. Do you know what happend to her by any chance..? Somedays JR gets so mad because i want to help so many animals, then i give him the , " Oh but honey and sad weepy eyes" and hes like geez.. : They are all like my children, mom loves um.. ;D You should see us when theres a turtle in the road, its like STOP, and he slams on the brakes and i run out and help it to safety.. There was these little baby ducks in the middle of the road and one didnt make it, i got out there, stoped traffic and had the kids help me gather them up and put them in the pond on the other side of the road.. Im really bad when it comes to critters in the road. :-[

Comment

Boy, I have goose bumps just thinking about helping all the little babies. Tracey, you and my Girlfriend are going to get along great!!! I can't wait for her to meet you!! As far as Zoey's foot. We're not totally sure. We know she lost it very early in life, probably within the first few days. We think either it was deformed and the Mama bit it off, or when she was eating the umbilical cord, she accedintly ate the foot too. But what ever happend, her leg is extrememly hyper extended!!! The Vet says it was some sort of trauma, but we don't know extactly what it was. All we know is that when we got her she was about 4-6 weeks old and the wound was already healed.

Comment

8) Update on the little kitten, well shes doing fine and a real blast to have.. other than getting into things she shouldnt, every throw rug is a play toy and her and Luna have become very close, they play together and sleep together. There have been no probs with the litter box issue and it has switched to dry kitten food. She got another dose of wormer today along with all the dogs getting theres.. Shes really into squeezing into JR's shoes and sleeping there.. :-\ Must be that flunky smell.. LMFAO!!!!! She loves to be in the office walking across the comp key board.. Il keep ya posted as time goes by on this little orange fur ball..

Comment

Hey Baracudda,

Didn't expect any less from you..)

Glad the kittens are doing good..

Steve

Comment

8) Heres the little rescue kitty.. aint she cute..... ;D

Comment

AHHHH, she is a doll!! She looks identical to a friend of mines kitty that she rescued!!! I love those long haired yellow stripped kitties!!!!

Comment

;D And one more.. heres the little orange fuzz ball beatting up her buddy Luna.... ;D

Comment

That kitten is so cute.. So you gonna keep it?

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X