Venomous ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venomous ?

I was just wondering how many folks on here keep any vemomous reptiles ?
    I always wanted a Breaded lizard ,myself.

Re:Venomous ?

8)I use to have a Massasauga and Western Pigmy rattle snakes.. Gave them up awhile back.. :-\

Comment

Hey SnakeDan,

I used to have three types of Cobras and an eyelash viper, but that was before the kids were born. Now I only get in an ocassional Timber Rattler for rehab. But not often. I will get another cobra as soon as the kids get older..

Steve

Comment

Hey Steve,

You wouldn't happen to have any pics of those venomous reptiles would you? s36.gif

Jeff J.

Comment

Hey Jeff,

I am trying to get ahold of a roll of negs I did for the snakeguy. It was of the super big cobra with a very agressive attitude. Scared the crap out of me, laying on the floor with camera in hand and all I was protected by was this guy with a 3 foot snake stick backing this cobra off.. Out of 36 pics, only 10 came out, but two were very cool.. I didn't take pics of my old collection. It was too hard to get them out and shoot them alone..

If I can get the others I will post the two I loved..

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Oh yeah, that would scare the crap out of me too. Good thing it wasn't a spitting cobra.

I hope you can get them posted.

Jeff J.

Comment

Got smart by the time I shot his one red spitter.. 4x4 1/8 plexiglass in front on the camera.. He was little but I was chicken..LOL I think back to when I shot those for him. I was real lucky I wasn't tagged. I took some stupid chances and didn't know enough about most of his snakes..

Live and learn
              Steve

Comment

One of the members here that I know that rarely posts, BWSmith, keeps plenty of venomous snakes.

Comment

LOL Steve. I don't know how Jeff Corwin and others do it. They are so relaxed when handling venomous snakes, and other reptiles for that matter.

I wouldn't be that at ease even just being around them.

Jeff J.

Comment

I think being too at ease , could be a very bad thing.
                    The copper heads and Timber rattlers around here, are kept quite a bit . We don't have a lot of restrictive exotic laws here .....Yet.
                    I would love to check out those pics, too, Steve.

Comment

Well I am still waiting for the guy to call back. I left another message today. This is why I never give negitives away any more..LOL

As for Jeff Corwin, atleast he pins them first, now Steve Irwin I would bet has givin people the idea to just grab a snake by the tail.. Stupid in my opinion. Now I have free handled copper heads on my property, but not any more. Wouldn't be too cool to get tagged.

Hey snakedan, you from NY area as well? I know the DEC has gotten serious on people owning Timber Rattlers, but they are very protected now. I can't tell you all the paper work I had to do, just to be able to rescue them. My wife is not crazy about venomos in the house while the kids are still young. But as long as the are down stairs with a padlock keeping the cage close, she is ok..

Steve

Comment

Steve, I am in northeastern missouri. The laws here are still pretty easy to live with. As far as I know . The county laws are the only thing to worry about, as ong as the animal is not a local endangered species. The county I live in does like to know about any dangerous animals.Just incase of a fire or natural disaster.
                        I have a neighbor who keeps Lions, Bears, Foxes and Bison .
                        I will definently consider keeping some type of venomous reptiles, when we finally get a building put up, seperate from the house.

Comment

Working...
                        X