Kitten on road!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitten on road!!

Hey everyone, just thought I would share a rescue story with you. I was driving home from work last Friday and saw a truck in front of me run over something on the road (actually drove over, it was between the wheels instead of under!). As I got closer I saw that it was a kitten!! I immediately pulled over to the side of the road and got out to get him. It wasn't too busy of a road, but there was a decent amount of traffic. I picked him up and was a little startled because I could feel every bone in it's body, especially the rib cage. His face also surprised me, his eyes were almost completely swollen shut, and all the secretion from it's eyes was building up on it's face and crusting up. It was almost like one big scab on his face!

I took him home, cleaned him up the best I could and gave him some Science Diet Kitten can food with some KMR milk. He gobbled it all up and drank the milk like he had never eaten before!! I took him to the vet the next morning and he prescribed some anti-biotics to clear up his eye infection and then put him on a high calorie diet to gain some weight.

I'm pleased to say that he is doing 300% better. He has put some weight on, you can barely feel his ribs, and his eyes are much better. They are still infected, but he can at least open them all the way, there is only a little redness left. He is an orange tabby with dark orange striping like a tiger. Very cute!! So much so, that my fiance is starting to get attached to the little bugger! I keep telling her she can't get attached because we can't keep it, my other two cats are enough. Not to mention that my male cat really doesn't like him, he always hisses at him, even if he only smells him on me!

I'm going to adopt him out as soon as he is fully recovered. If there is anyone in my area that would like a cute kitten, please let me know!!

P.S.
    Hey Tracey, I read your kitten post, I guess this is just the time of year for kittens to be abandoned/lost! Good job on your rescue BTW!! Sounds like your daughter has a new best friend! Your husband will grow to like it over time, they always do. My dad hated my sisters cat when she got it, but now it is basically HIS cat because HE spoils it so much!! ;D Kinda funny the way things work out!

Jeff

Re:Kitten on road!!

8)Awww way to go Jeff on the rescue, whats up with orange kittens this yr.? Ours is doing well and its eyes are all better, been wormed and deflea'd Luna our boston terrier has taken her in as her own, you should see the 2 of them. Its really funny sometimes we say to Luna wheres your baby and she runs and finds the kitten and licks on it and cuddles it, kitten bats her in the face chews on her legs and the dog just looks at it like what in the world.. LOL!!! JR likes cats, he just puts up with um and the only thing he dont like is when they get under the covers and play with his toes when hes sleeping.. We have had many cats over the past 18yrs.. Cassies very attached to this one.. Atleast this one didnt die and also it got a good home, Great to here yours is doing well..

Comment

What's funny is that my female cat (2yrs) loves the little kitten (male). They will play for hours on end!! My Pit and Chocolate Lab tend to be a little to aggressive towards it. They like to play rough, and my Pit can be a little too rough sometimes, he is sooooooo strong!! It's becoming more and more difficult to wrestle with him, he's starting to kick my butt!! :P The worst part is he's only 7 months old!! I have to keep him and the kitten separated for now, at least until the kitten gets a little bit bigger. Hopefully I can adopt him out before too long.

Jeff

Comment

Way to go Fonzy!!!! New kittens are so much fun!!! It's too bad that you can't keep the poor little guy. But at least this way you can find the perfect person that will care for him fully!!!!! ;D

Tracey, it's kool when one of the older pets takes on parenthood for the new baby!! We have a cat who's 2yrs old, he has always been the baby, but as soon as we brought the new kitten in the house, he took over as daddy. We think at first he thought we brought him a new, live toy!! LOL!! But soon after she was in the house we was the best daddy Zoey could have!!!

Comment

Same problem around here, but it happens at the end of the summer. We have a huge amount of summer people who come to my area and they get kittens and puppys and at the end of the summer they just let them free. Really stinks..

Glad you saved the little kitten Fonzy. Hope you find him a good home if you don't keep him.

Steve

Comment

Working...
          X