X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the forum?

================================================
    Inserted by Clay

Just wanted everyone who reads this topic to know the reason for this post was that I had changed the format to be categories with sub-categories. So you had to click on a category before you could see the boards under them with the current posts, etc.

After the WHOOPING I took from this action, I set the forum back to the original format, or the way you see it now.

Just to clarify why people did not like it.
    -Clay
    ================================================== ==

Everything has changed!!! Now I can only see part of the forum subjects and not each and every section. What's this description thing I see about this new topic section? What's going on. No offense clay, but I think I like the format that we had just a day ago, much better!!!!!!!

Re:What happened to the forum?

Clay,

You have made many a changes over the past month, and they are outstanding. Unfortunately, Evil is right. The way the forum was yesterday was better than today. It's nice to be able to see each forum on one page, rather than having to shuffle through a couple pages trying to find the topic you want or where to post the correct topic.

Jeff

Comment

P.S.

It was also nice to see what the latest topic was for that forum at the right side of the screen. Made it easy to check on the latest questions/replies. Now we have to go through every forum one at a time to see what is new. Not trying to nag here Clay, your forum is still the best out there!!

Jeff

Comment

Deffintly, Clay, your forum is awsome!!! One of the best out there!! It's just the format that it is today, I don't really like. Like Fonzy said it's kind of a PITA trying to shuffle through all the forums to find what is new and what perticular topic you want to look at. One thing I might suggest though is to add a spell check to the forums, for people like myself who can't spell!!!

Comment

Hey guys.. I feel your pain ;D

Unfortunately, I was getting other complaints about how "BIG" the home page was getting with all the new forums etc.

Also it was hampering my ability to add even more topic boards because the opening screen would grow even bigger.

So therein lies my dilema. I want to add other fun topics without making the opening screen page way too long.

Try using the bookmark feature at the top of the page. It can take you directly to your favorite sections where you can then see all the latest posts in that section.

It will difficult finding a good neutral ground for everyone, but I will sure try. ;D
          To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
          -Clay English
          Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

:'( :'( :'( We do understand clay, we really do!! Hey, check out http://www.ssnakess.com/forums/index.php?s= This has a pretty nice set up. Something like this would probably work, I don't know if it's bigger than you want to go or not, but it's an idea.

Comment

Wasn't aware of what problems it was/would've caused. It is impossible to please everyone, this I know. What little inconvenience I find in the new set up I will learn to deal with. Keep up the great work Clay, your forum is the best!

Jeff

Comment

Doh! I just sent this through the moderators myself. I have the same feeling you all have. I will try and get ahold of Clay and discuss this. I do have some ideas myself that would likely benefit the site better, but we'll see. Being a moderator, it's a real pain to try and browse through the forums to see and check all the new posts. One thing we need to keep in mind, is no matter how small a site starts out, to continue to grow it must expand. And to expand it is going to get bigger.

Comment

Clay, is it a matter of funding and cost, is that why you want to keep it smaller? If that's the case, I'm sure all of us would gladly pitch in to try to help support it!!! This is a great site with a lot of awsome input!!!

Comment

Evil_Karot

It costs me approx 250.00 a year to keep this up and running.

I average about 50.00 a year in donations, so there is a little chunk coming out of my pocket.

I have never been one to ask for money, even though there are donate buttons on the site, and every little bit helps..

I have returned to the original format.

-Best Regards
                    -Clay English

Comment

clay just thought i would drop in and add my 3 cents .i like the quick reply. any way the cheers & jeers could be brought back ? but i have noticed that the changes you did cleared up some of the errors we where getting. at least for me they did also spell checker is a great idea. also i was wonderinf if you could add more smiles ?? since we both are from texas i was wondering if you could add a texas flag to the smiles ??

Comment

Well as many of you know, the forum was down on June 25th and most of today June 26th. Sorry about the forum being down.. I have basically worked on it for the last 24 hours.

And it had nothing to do with the option changes from subboards etc.

It was due to a server crash of my SQL database. But it finally looks like I have it fixed.

Maybe it can work now for a little while.. ;D ;D

Thanks for your patience.

-Best Regards
                        -Clay English

Comment

24 hours you better go sleep it off lol and come back smiling tomorrow!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X