Free Herp Care Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Herp Care Software

Yesterday I released the first version of Herp Care Software (HCS)...

HCS is a freeware herp tracking software that helps you to keep track of feeding, length, weight, shedding, breeding, sickness, etc... for your favorite herp(s).

HCS is suitable for almost all common available herps: snakes, lizards, turtles, frogs, etc...

Check it out now on http://www.thegeckocam.com. It's free!

Cheers

LotusE

Re:Free Herp Care Software

Sounds interesting. I tried a few other programs similiar to the one you released. Going to give it a try in a little bit.

Comment

And welcome to the site. Stick around and enjoy.

Comment

HI,
        I have the downloaded the new software and it seems perfect, I will try and enter all my animals this week and I like the feature where you can back up copies to disk in case you crash and burn or get a new PC. I have burned a copy to cd and have assigned a floppy for back up.
        Neat little icon on your desk top, cant find any faults and this is the beta... Geeze good job Doug ;D

Comment

hummm sounds like a good proggy..might check it out. is it eazy to use?

Comment

It's pretty cool, too bad I have no clue about birth dates and what not.

Comment

Very Good. b27.gif b27.gif b27.gifI have tried several programs and this one really has the options we need as breeders and private owners to track our reptiles.

I would love to see more options. You have a good program started.

A couple of recommendations from a breeder that has many many enclosures/reptiles would be:

1) make the fields for substrate and feeders a user input database. That way we could setup the exact substrates we use and the exact feeders we use.
              2) add a copy button on the entry areas. Copy the last record and we can just update the changed information.

If you are interested in feedback, options etc etc just let me know.

To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
              -Clay English
              Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

I downloaded and attempted to set it up and use it but I could not get all the information entered. The program would not allow me to skip over and leave a field empty, nor would it let me put anything other than the exact format required for the field information. Ie the CITES field... I did not take the time to look around for the proper CITES number format so the program would not allow me to go past that field until I entered what it thought was a valid CITES number.

Comment

I agree with Stormy as well. We should be able to leave any field empty including date fields.
                  To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
                  -Clay English
                  Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

Cool I'm going to download this as soon as I get home!! ;D ;D

Comment

Working...
                    X