This is bad (but good)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is bad (but good)

This is a reptile hall of shame. These are pictures of reptiles whos owners did not take care of properly. some of the pics are really sickening. The good part is that the the site is against this and can be sent donations

http://www.reptilerescueca.org/Hall.html

Re:This is bad (but good)

I've seen this before I think it may have been in Jeff's forum..I don't know how people can be so careless and cruel!!

Comment

:'( :'( :'( What some people do and what some people think there doing right for there animals is just wrong and the way people think oh hey il get that and then not cage it properly let alone understand how to care for it or feed it and then the novalty wears off and its just a throw away pet... people like that make me sick!!!!! > > > >

Comment

I strongly agree with you Cuda..It makes me sick to my stomach cwm8.gif makes me sad..how can someone be so insensitive to let a living creature waist away in a cage until it dies...

Comment

i dont get how people can be so stupid. oh lets get a savannah MONITOR and try to change it into a vegetarian. Thats like taking a person and making them eat dirt. It just doesnt work. People like that should be shipped off to an island full of weapons and no food and see how they like it. Pure ignorance and stupidity :'( cwm23.gif cwm23.gif

Comment

> > Thats the killer part they just see it wasting away or with sores, open cuts, closed eyes not being active or anything else and they just think its cool and or just dont give a s5.gif s5.gif.. I say try to teach your children, starting off at a very early age and on word thru the yrs as much as possible and get as much hands on experiance and also how to care for them properly and that these are critters that depend on us for there sole survival, i think if also some adults was to also learn as much as possible from another person who is a loving and caring person when it comes to critters and make that person understand what needs to be done and how to go about it then maybe some of these poor helpless critters would not die in vain and such awful crule deaths...... > I can not stress enough educate, educate, educate.......

Comment

It's sad, but at least we know our pets are healthy and enjoying life.

Comment

I agree Barracuda, teach then as much as you can so they dont grow up to be s5.gif idiots. I mean, how stupid can you be if you WATCH your PET wither away in front of you. Wouldnt that be a clue that something is wrong? I don't know how people can watch their pets just die in front of them. It's these kind of people that are going to ruin the herp hobby. Well there's my two cents cwm23.gif cwm23.gif cwm23.gif cwm23.gif

Comment

OH MY s5.gif GOD!!!!! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? HOW COULD YOU TREAT A LIVING CREATURE LIKE THAT!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( s3.gif bigcry.gif cwm23.gif s5.gif s5.gif s5.gif cwm23.gif cwm23.gif b4.gif b4.gif

Comment

Ummmmm Ummmmm Ummmmm
                    Evil, i guess you got
                    that point across good enough! hehehehehe..

Your darn right about why in the world people
                    would be so cold hearted, makes ya just sick not only to here about it but to
                    actuly see it, i see it all the time and theres only so many i can
                    help..
                    :'( :'( :'(

Comment

I agree with you guys here.. I see several cases of just people not caring, or with the thoughts of, well they are not to expensive, just get another one.. Iggys still take the cake for the disposible pet of the 90's..

Its sad for any pet..
                      Steve

Comment

Jeeze,

I saw a Sav Monitor a couple weeks ago so weak it couldn't eat, they force fed it a couple mouse pups and some type of Gatoraide for reptiles, he was so week he just layed there, It took months to get him going, one employee soaked him daily and hand fed him . He's finally back on a good mixture of special diet with adequate light stimulation to improve his bones .
                        Many lizards need uva/uvb light to thrive. many lights as they burn stop emitting the required uv light.
                        How may returned boa's and pythons are being under fed mice and many with bites from live feeding. I actually had a guy bragging to me about his Burm python hung out with a rat in the cage for about three days he thought they where buddies? before he finally ate the large rat...Jeeze This owner needs a brain transplant asap.
                        I feel certian that required education is the only solution to ignorance, to many stores are turning a buck as fast as they can and selling lousy fish tanks with lights to people who think thats excellent housing for a python or boa. They sold about 300 Bp's this past month at a local petstore I wonder how many are stil alive... This results in an extremly high mortality rate in the new reptile keeper's who are probably grateful after lossing interst in the new toy.
                        Sorry about the attitude, but I haven't seen much improment.
                        what I do is try and have every one I meet at petstore join a forum of some type so they can at least get feed back about their mistakes.
                        I hand them short cuts out on 2/4 strips of paper with the 3-4 internet addresses on them and my e-mail if the get lost. You can print a couple on one strip.. I usallly get at least 12 strips per 10 in piece of paper.
                        I think the average reptile owner can do more for the quality of life for reptiles by encouraging new owners to join forums. we need to increase the knowledege base by providing information on the location of the forums. I have recieved several thank you e-mails this past couple of months..
                        My 2 pennies
                        :P doug

Comment

Working...
                        X