X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention members

Hello members,

Oh well we have to have a rules comment every once in a while ;D

Everyone knows that 90 % of members on this forum are grown adults and can handle light profanity without even blinking an eye.

HOWEVER the rules of this forum are to protect the young members we have, including MY kids who browse and read things under my login all the time, and the rules state:

Profanity may not be used in any form or insunuated. You may not use characters to suggest profanity such as a$$. This is a direct violation of the forum agreement. Use of Profanity in any form is a One Strike and Your Out. No Warnings.
    So even though "hell" may be pretty harmless, it is a violation of the forum agreement. And it is just as many keys to type heck anyway.

So remember the policy of the forum, and watch what you type. Our young members and I appreciate your cooperation.
    To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
    -Clay English
    Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Re:Attention members

Well said Clay.

Comment

thanks for letting us know clay i will be sure to watch what i say now i admit i used that 4 letter h word alot and also the 3 letter a word which i will have to work on .... LOL woooooooo hooooooooo this is my 300 post look at that LOL

LEE

Comment

:-[ Clay,
        My appologies. I know I am guilty of a few of those.
        It won't happen again.

JaySon

Comment

Isn't there a profanity filter setting?

This board is exactly like an old one i used to goto, and they had a filter type thing active that would replace select words with other words. So for instance if some one typed in 'Heck' (or the LL one) it would be replaced with 'that-really-hot-place'

It was pretty funny all the different words it replaced hehe

Just trying to give my input... Sometime people let the not-so-bad ones slip by, and I'd hate to see them removed from the boards for it...

Comment

The problem with those filters that are there in place is they mess up "good" words as well.

Such as the one in question. If the filter was in place, every time someone typed

Hello

It would be replaced with

Hecko

So some of those you just can't filter.

Trust me a LOT of words do get filtered, just some create some confusion.
            To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
            -Clay English
            Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

Hey, I hope I've been pretty good by not putting any of those type of words in any of my posts.

I deffinantly understand the reasoning behind not wanting to use any profanity. Profanity should not be used her at all and should not be tolorated. But at the same time, we need to try not to alienate some of our long time members. Those who help alot in all aspects of this forum, due to a simple slip up. We are human after all, well most of us!! LOL!! I'm not trying to make excuses for any one, and I do understand that you can not give more leverage to one person and without giving it to another. That would be a double standard. But I'm just afraid that some will/may take things too far or out of context and then someone will get booted or made to want to leave for no good reason. But at the same time, (though as humans life is many levels of grey), things here do need to be black and white. I don't know what I'm trying to say, I guess I'm just rambling. I guess, just in the short time I've been here I've seen some really good people leave, due to misunderstandings. I just don't want to see that happen any more, due to this type of situation. :-\ :-\ :-\

Comment

i agree w/ evil and clay....every 1 slips every now and then on the h word..but evil is right..not matter what name rank,mod or cyber status.you have is only cyber status..

Comment

yep, i think i said it once, darn gotta watch myself hehe. Anyways ill try to keep my posts as clean as possible :P

Comment

:-[ :-[ Ok Clay NP here,,,, bad cuda bad cuda bad cuda :'( :-X :-X :-X There ya happy now..... :-[

Comment

goshdarndingdangdagnabbit.....

Sorry.. had a boomhower moment...

Comment

Dang I didn't even know that you all thought that the H word was a bad word.. I come from a place that words are words.. If it is in the dictionary then it is valid... If it was not useable then why is it in the dictionary... Heck the H word is in the bible... That was how I was raised... But my parents consider parents that sheild they child from reality Bad parents.... So most parents don't agree with what I belive...
                        I will watch what I type... Sorry about what I have done in the past...
                        If I see any that I have done I will change them right away....
                        Eric aka...Red

Comment

No problem here,

Just a thought though:
                          The only thing is you can substitute every word that people consider profane with a word that is "acceptable" and they mean the same exact thing......Which raises the question: What is the big deal about profane words when other "acceptable" words can be used and mean the same thing, & the only difference is the letters used to spell the words?

Anyway,... just a thought NO problem Clay I dont' think I have ever used any "profane" words on the forum anyway.

Comment

im with ya red my parents never really tried to shield us from anything because they knew we would eventually see or hear it somewhere else so they explained things to us as we seen or heard them. i myself am really gonna have to watch my post those are a few of my most spoken words.

Comment

I am so embarrassed about my mermaid picture that had to be edited........... I am sorry if a offended anybody at all. I guess I just didn't realize how bad it was. I forget that there a re young people on the forums. I may have said a few uncontious profane word's also. It's easy to forget to watch what you say. But it's also easy to substitute a word.................. :-[

**Beth**

Comment

Working...
                              X