This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hubby says "NO!"

Okay, I'm new... I read the newbie thread, that's not what info I needed. I'm not sure where to post this question, so I'm doing it here. Please don't be evil to me, I LOVE snakes and really didn't see this coming.
    :-\

Okay, I recently purchased a 5 yr old male RTB... it was a real impulse buy, I must admit. My 15 yr old snakeloving son and I saw an ad for him. The price was really reasonable and we got so excited we just up and bought him immediately.

He's absolutely perfect, beautiful and sweet as a kitten. The young kid who sold him to us was desperate to find a good home for him and we filled the bill so he was thrilled to let us have him for a song.

Anyway, having had dozens of various snake-types in the past, we didn't think that hubby would mind.

I guess size DOES matter, because he's not warming up to the new snake at ALL and wants us to get RID of him! :'(

Not usually a problem... our snakes are always healthy and we usually sell and buy freely at one of our local pet shops... but when I called to see if they were interested, I was informed that he is too long to be legal in our state and they could not touch him or they'd be in major trouble.

At this point, I have no idea what to do...

PLEASE... if anyone has any advice, let me know. I can't just give him to a rescue, because hubby's going to kill me if I can't get back what I paid for him. He's really upset with me. (BTW... killing me is a bit of an exageration... a *bit*.)

Re:Hubby says "NO!"

If you want to sell him, then post it in the member's for sale threads. Read Clay's post first before posting. Someone will want him if your not asking too much. Depending on where you live it could cost a lot for shipping unless you are close enough to someone on the forum that will take him. Make sure to put how big he is........... Good luck and don't worry we all undersatand these situations. Some of us would just hate to hear that your trading him for a new snake. LOL Sorry you can't keep him though.

**Beth**

Comment

Hello HughLuvr

Welcome to the forums..

I think Beth gave you the best advise to get some pics and post them with info and asking price in the members For Sale section below.. Remember that there are a ton of large snakes out there cheap or free, so the lower the price the better change to sell it..

If you choose to give him to a good rescue to make sure the snake gets a great home instead of trying to get your money back, let me know. I would be happy to place him for you in a loving forever home. Just call or email me if you choose this way..

Feel free to ask any questions. I know most on this board would be glad to help find a good home. We are here for the love of these wonderful animals..

Hope this helps..
      Steve

Comment

Well put Steve & Beth..you two took the words right out of my mouth..

Comment

Sorry to hear that you can't keep your boa. :-\ If you should trust anywhere to sell your boa and see that it gets a good home it's here. and like steve said, give him a shout, don't be shy, thats what were here for, to help out as best we can. I just started building a very large enclosure so I might be interested but gotta talk it over with "HONEY". LOL. Good luck!!

Comment

how much did u pay for it? and is it a bci or bcc post pics of him to better help get rid of him as well. everything else is pretty much covered ....looking forward to seeing pics i know i am looking for a male but don't know that big but if i saw a picture it could change my mind lol

LEE

Comment

OH yea welcome to the forums hope u stay as well u can learn alot from everybody here which i have since i joined. Everyone here is really caring and will help you with any problems that u do have.

LEE

Comment

:-[

Thanks for all of the help, you guys.

Comment

Very pretty. Is he dark or is it just the picture? Someone will definetly want him.

**Beth**

Comment

LOL! Hi Beth!

Thanks! Yeah, he's a beauty, isn't he? :'(

I am so green at using this format! I didn't see you lurking in here.

Um... he's a bit lighter than he looks in the photos.

He just shed about 4 days ago, so his colors are really nice.

Comment

Very nice boa. $75 is way more than reasonable, especially with the enclosure and all.

Comment

man if you werent so far away id give you 75 bucks today for him but im in texas :O(

Comment

See, people are interseted! Where are you located so we know how close (or far) you are............ I'm way in Cali........

**Beth**

Comment

8)Oh man a nice boa with beautiful dark saddles oooooooooooooooo how i love um that way... That is a nice boa for that price.. hope you find a good home for it..

Comment

yeah hopefully she is closer to me so i can have him hehe,

Comment

Working...
                              X