Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• banning of reptiles over 6'

http://www.chicagoherp.org/laws/response.htm

i think he was well put for us boa keepers but don't know of the burm and retic keepers.

LEE

Re:banning of reptiles over 6'

Good find there, Lee. That was very well put.

Comment

Very good article there. Hopefully word on this one gets around well.

Comment

Do any of you guys know if there are similar laws in Oregon, or where I can find out what the Oregon reptile laws are?

Comment

www.google.com and search for oregon snake laws

that is how i found this one

LEE

Comment

Hey Lee,

We have discussed this in lenth. I think it stinks in ever sence.. Its scarry because this has been sneaking up on alot of areas, and once its passed it will so hard to change it back.. I hope when ppl see this happening in the next area, they get together and show how this should not be happening..

Steve

Comment

Man, great article. It sucks that these high horsed, rich politicians can make laws like this and they don't even know what there talking about. They have no idea what most of these species are. They watch a little animal planet and they know everything. LOL 8)

Comment

Very good article Lee. I don't know about you, but if someone tries to come into my home to take away my baby, They'll have to go through my dead body first!!!!! OK, so she's almost 8 ft, that doesn't guarantee that she'll hurt myself or anyone!!!!

Comment

8)Very good article Lee, well we could always all live in the middle of nowhere in our own little reptile community and have whatever we want and no rules on how big something gets... just kidding, really though i think its just a bunch of crap from the goverment..... > I always have alot to say about those morons but i get carried away and cant say things on here... ;D

Comment

that was a very good article. the vet was very straight to the point in making known all the gaps that the lawmakers are trying to loop hole us with.

Comment

Very well said. He made some valid points in that letter.

Comment

hi,
                        I guess the part that really scares me is they would even consider or ponder a bill like this, it shows that many different people have complaints about reptile keepers, and lets face it one scarry snake story will make national news.
                        Kill your wife with a carving knife and they'll give to you time on 60 Mins and fight for your book rights..
                        I ve seen city ordances passed without a vote, what that can mean is one grumpy citizen shows up at the meetin of the minds for the city council and they can pretty much paint a horrid story about someones killer python slurped fluffy the dog and was chasing the 2 y/o around the trailer.
                        And wham that city can pass an ordance making it illegal to keep any boids over 6 ft...
                        and that dosen't require any vote on your part... so its up to every herp owner to educate without scarying people that snakes are ok as pets..
                        I saw on one forum a young herper thought it was funny walking thru the local store and watching the people freak about his snake. My comment was that's a very bad idea... :
                        doug

Comment

Well I was looking for some snake laws for California and I don't see anything except for not being allowed to have endangered species or venomous. I don't see anything regarding size. So either I am lucky or a bad researcher. LOL
                          But seriously. A 8 foot snake is less dangerous that a muscled out pitbull (who is used for fighting). And a cat scratches more than a snake will ever bite. Unless of course you go pet your chinchilla and go hug your snake. Common sence says not to hold fluffy while your holding your snake. Or let your 20 foot burm roam free in your house and not feed him, then let it sleep with your skinny 11 year old. DUH!!!!!!

**Beth**

Comment

lol beth too funny but very very true leave it to "some peoples children/parents" to do something that ignorant but it happens

Comment

LOL Beth.. Very well put.. Now got do some protesting..LOL

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X