Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All :)

So, wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Virginia, and the other day, I was a pet store, and fell in love with a beautiful BCI. She was about 6 ft, and of course I had to hold her. Wish I could have brought her home. hehe

So, I have been doing a ton of research, and have convinced my hubby to let me get one. *Clay, I want one of your 2003 girls! *sighs* they are gorgeous *

I have decided I want a girl. No particular reason really. But, her name shall be Duchess I think.

I dont have any real questions right now, but I am sure I will soon! I am looking for a cage for her. Considering building one, but not real sure about that. I was just reading on here about Boaphiles, so may check those out.

So, I will probably be lurking for awhile, and once I get my baby, you will all know!!!!!!!

Virginia ;D

Re:Hi All

Hello Virginia,

Welcome to the forums..

Can't go wrong with one of Clays babies.. Good luck on talking the hubby into one.. If you have any questions, just ask..

Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve.

I will. I love to ask questions. Would rather ask the stupid questions, then have something happen, because I didnt ask

He said I could get one. Just have to get the enclosure and stuff, and find a food source, ect. Plus, learn all I can

Clays babies are gorgeous. hehe And, I figure, if I need to ask him something, well, here he is!

Virginia

Comment

8)Hello and welcome aboard Virginia, your gona like our nice little family we have here and so many helpfull people around.. hope you enjoy it here... And yes Clays babies are sooooooooo nice.. LOL!!! ;D But i dont have any of his babies yet..

Comment

Thanks Barracuda Dont have one yet? But why not? Hubby told me, Maybe for Christmas, but I keep showing him baby pics and stuff. SOOOO I am spoiled and I am sure he will give in soon.

I also have a little girl, Caitlyn. I am sure you will all see a pic of her eventually Plus a few other critters, including a Iguana.

Virginia

Comment

;DWhy not you ask, LOL!! Well soon enough you will see all the critters i do have here amongst all the threads and posts.. I do have boas and also a python and corn snake plus soooooooooooooooooooooooo much more... I think its great you have the hubby involved.. Critters are my life couldnt live without them.... ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Hey virginia,

Ask any question you have.. thats what this place is about.. I like your way of thinking.. Ask before a problem...

Steve

Comment

hehe Barracuda, lets see. I have 1 horse, 1 goat, 3 dogs, 2 pigs, 1 iguana, 1 cat, and some fish. LOL I can see your point though. Sometimes, its hard to not add another, but you gotta think about what you already have

Steve, yep! I got the iguana, and I knew absolutely NOTHING about them. I only got him, so he wouldnt die, because of lack of care. *sighs* They are not easy keepers, but now I know a ton about them!

hehe see, I am still sitting here, at 11:51 pm, reading stuff. I am hopelessly addicted already, and I dont even have one yet! Hubby is going to shake his head at me, when I tell him I have joined another forum!

Virginia

Comment

Hey Rowena,
                  hope you have a lovely stay here in redtailboa land. One of the many wonderful things about snakeys is that they can be very serene and relaxing pets, kinda like fish...................BUT THEY EAT CUTE LITTLE RODENTS! HA HA HA! (me so evil sometimes)

Ted

Comment

Yeah Iggy's can be challenging sometimes. I honestly am not a big fan of Iggys.. Mainly because the worse bite I ever took was from an iggy.. But thats just me..

I have had more types of reptiles and warm blooded animals then I could count.. But thats part of loving animals and running a reptile rescue..

Steve

Comment

tofutedm.....you think rodents are cute???????? I HATE them! In my opinon, the only good rodent is snake food! I am sure I will enjoy my time here. Thanks.

Steve, I have been bitten twice by that **** iguana. He isnt the tamest of igs, and most of that is how he was treated prior to me getting him. I mean, a 27" long lizard, living in a 10 gallon aquarium has a right to be upset! He is now in a HUGE cage, and hates to leave it. *sighs* I have been bitten twice, and whipped more times than I liked! I would actually like to find him a home, with someone with more time for a iguana than myself. And, who has more patience. Looking back, if I knew then, what I know now, I wouldnt have taken him! Give me a snake anyday

You run a reptile rescue? So, you have probably seen those iggys that are really mean, and big, so bite extra hard! Mine is ok once you take him out, its just getting him out of the cage! lol I think thats great that you do that. Have you adopted many snakes out to new homes?

Virginia

Comment

I think you misunderstood me Virginia. I think rodents are cute with there eyes buggin' out of there head. LMAO I even name my snakes food before I feed them. For example: Gary the Rat, Pinky and the Brain, etc. I even put the picture I posted in the python forum up on my computer as wallpaper. My girlfreind now thinks I'm very strange.

Comment

Welcome Rowena. I recently purchased an 03 female from clay and she is great had her first shed for me today all in one piece. If you get one from clay you wont be dissapointed.

Comment

Welcome abord. I have two snakes from Clay and I wdon't think I would get a snake from anyone else at this point.

TAT 8)

Comment

hehe Ted, my sentiments exactly! We had a ball python a long time ago, and we fed it live mice. My favorite thing was to feed the snake, and watch it get the mouse. My mom always told me I was sick, and I should feel bad for the mouse. LOL Oh well. I guess you have to be a snake person. Now, I know to just feed dead mice, so will buy frozen ones.

cdj_2216, I am so jealous!!!!! Which one did you get? I look at those girls every day *yes EVERY day!* and drool I will get one! I WILL! hehe

Tat, you really like them huh? They look so good to me. Nice and healthy looking. I have looked at a few breeders in the past week or so, and decided on trying to get one of Clays. Just like how they look. And, hearing from people who own some, makes me sure thats who I will get one from

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I cant wait until I can get my boa!!! Guess I will just have to live vicariously through all of you, until that happens

Virginia

Comment

Working...
                              X