Hi All :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re:Hi All

Well clays babies are great looking and priced...
    www.theboaphile.com
    That link is to jeffs site he has some really nice ones as well some a lil' different then clays
    Good luck... Ether way you can't go wrong... I seen one of jeffs babies and it was huge way bigger then any I have seen at a month old...
    I personly have never seen any of clays but have looked at about a millon pic's.. hehe they are great and about the same size a babies...
    Eric aka...Red

Comment

Yeah, welcome to the forum. This is the best forum for BCI's on the net. We are all a bunch of snake addicts, plus other things like pythons, monitors, tegus etc. I have an iggy, about 4 ft long, and is the most stupid animal i own. Nothing against her, she is just a moron. LOL. welcome to the forum

Comment

Welcome to the forums!!! ;D This is the best place to learn all you need to know about boas. Clay has created an awsome community of people. Every one here is like family and you will learn alot. Take advantage of the chat room and the instant messaging. Hope you get the boa you want and once again, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!! 8)

Comment

hey there welcome thats pretty cool you wanna get a baby from clay i guess i can say i have a clay baby kind of my baby was produced by jeff ronne "the boaphile" but purchased from clay and hes a real piggy and nice and fat hehehehe if i can ever convince my hubby to let me have another snake baby im gonna get one of clays. but convincing him has been harder than i though since we have 2 horses 2 dogs 2 cats 3 snakes a tarantula and 1 fish hehe one day i will win the battle!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks Red. I will go check those out too. Never know, one may just jump out at me hehe

hehe Zack, my iggy is about 3 1/2' and weird. *sighs* I am not really a lizard person, but he's mine, and Im stuck with him You dont want another one do ya? hehe Thanks for the welcome

Thanks BadBoyJay! I already like it here. You are all so nice, and welcoming. I have already learned a ton, and I am sure, once I have my baby, I will be asking loads of questions. You saw my Cage Idea thread! hehe

redtailedmel, now I know how the hubby thing goes! lol Mine is the same way. But, when I held that snake, I think he realized how much I miss having one, and said, maybe Ill get you one for Christmas. Well, to me, that is a YES! you can have a snake! woohoo This may push of breeding my mare for another year, but hey, its worth it to me Good luck in convincing your hubby! hehe

Thanks again everyone

Virginia

Comment

Welcome Rowena, you will get to know me, and the rest of us very soon. BCI's make great pets. I currently have one, and two Tegu's.

Ohh and for a cage, I house my BCI in a Boaphile, it is GREAT! They keep humidity up around 65 by just having a water bowl near the heat. Also they hold heat very very well. Just to let you know if you dont already know. Temps should be 82 cool end, 88 warm with a hot of about 92. Everyone has different temps, those are what work good for me. And humidity should be 60-70. Glad you are enjoying this site, like Cuda says its a family. Listion to what Sclark says, he knows his stuff.

Welcome

And Ps. Zack thanks for encluding Tegu's, LMMFAO!

Comment

Hey Virginia,

I have adopted out many, snakes, lizards, turtles and frogs over the past few years. And your not kidding about mean Iggys.. I have had ones that wanted to do nothing more then get a chunk of skin from me.. There are so many Iggys around in the rescues. Just wish the petshops would stop selling them.. They are so cute when they are babys and cheap, about 9 bucks local.. But 99% of those will be dead or in rescues in the first year.. Its a shame..

Good luck getting your snake.. If I didn't say it before, I will say it now.. Clay is a great choice to get a baby from.. I am too, but don't have any babies right now..

Steve

Comment

Another one? hah i would love to get rid of the one i have, but like you, she is stuck with me. She gets out of her cage, makes sure there is no left over catfood in the cats dish, then wanders down the hallway and does her buisness right NEXT to the toilet hahhahaah.

Comment

Sorry, I am a little late......... But Hello and welcome! You will learn tons!

**Beth**

Comment

I got the female that says down payment made by Charles in WV. Hasn't updated the page yet but I have her.

Comment

Thanks Welsh. I have already learned stuff, and know I will learn a lot more! Thanks for the tips on heat and humidity. I think Im going to build my own cage. I looked at the boaphiles, just dont want one hehe.

Steve, my iggy wants a chunk of me sometimes! I agree totally with you. I belong to a iguana forum, and we just discouraged someone from getting another iguana. He basically killed the first one, and I dont think he needs another one Anyhow, if pets stores must sell them, then they need to really learn about their care, up the price, and educate someone who is interested. I think with any type of reptile. Most people dont think of the size factor, or the food, or costs, that go along with them. And, pet stores dont care, they just want the money. *sighs*

Zack, haha Mine isnt allowed out of his cage. He has been a time or two, but my cat and dogs want to eat him, so outside of the cage isnt a good place for him to be. And sure, he could whip them and bite them, but I really dont think my Rott would care! LOL

Beth, thanks! I am sure I will, as I have already learned quite a bit

cdj, ooooh she is pretty. I bet you are very happy with her. Congrats!

Virginia

Comment

I agree Rowena,

If you remember when iggys first hit the pet shops. The babies were 119, and the foot long ones were 200 plus. Now the young and med ones are 8.99 here at the local store. I know a lizard breeder who called me to offer one of his famous deals.. Offered me 100 green iggy babies for a buck a piece.. No way...

People like with alot of reptiles, see this cute little baby and don't realize how giant they get. Look at a week old burm baby.. So tiny. Who would think it could hit over 20 foot and weigh over 200 pounds..

Its all stupidity and impulse buying.. Personally, I am an info junkie and if I get interested in something, I read and read on them..

No quick fix for the problem though..
                          Steve

Comment

Welcome to the site Virginia!
                            Steve, I saw some pretty disgusting things down in Raleigh at the herp show a few weeks ago. Ball pythons being sold for 10.99 and kids running around the arena swinging them around like they were rubber snakes. Iggy's being sold for $10.00 for 3 of them. To make matters even worse the burms which were being sold almost as fast as the BP's were going for around $20 each! VERY SAD! On a positive note there were some good deals to be had I got a sub-adult dumerils and a sub-adult halloween atb for $170 for the pair Of course I didnt but from the booths that were selling any of the "disposable pets" !!!

Comment

Steve, I am the same way. I have been reading whatever I can on boas, ever since I decided I wanted one. I love the internet! Soon as my sister got the iguana *which is who I got him from* I went to the library, went online, and checked out books. My mom didnt want to do what the ig needed, and so, I took him. LOL There is a pet store here where I live, and she has a big female ig in there. She wants over $300 for her, and I think was asking around $40 for any babies she had. But still. Its sad the price of them, and how people think they are cute and little, and the pet stores dont tell them, Oh by the way, that lizard can grow to over 6 feet long, and weigh well over 10 lbs, and needs expensive lights, ect. Same with snakes. I think there should be some sort of class you have to take, before you can buy any animal! lol

Stormy, thanks!!!!!! That sucks what happened at the herp show. Just makes you want to smack some sense into people! hehe

Virginia

Comment

lol yeah right they wouldnt even bother buying the animal if they had to take a class. you know there are some people that just want to make a buck and then there are those who really care about the animals they raise to sell like clay and jeff not sold off cheap to any tom **** or harry thats got a buck. then ther are people like steve who spend all their money saving reps. thats why i love this site we are all like a wacky family who love our babies!

Comment

Working...
                                X