X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Python on menu for Halloween

This is a sad story.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1863481.ece

A RESTAURANT has been branded “sick” for serving SNAKE curry.

Python in a coconut sauce is being offered for £9.95 all week as a Halloween promotion.

Re: Python on menu for Halloween

Originally posted by Sidviciouser View Post
    This is a sad story.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1863481.ece

A RESTAURANT has been branded “sick” for serving SNAKE curry.

Python in a coconut sauce is being offered for £9.95 all week as a Halloween promotion.
    That's so sad. You look at that picture and you wonder how people think these snakes are evil. Snake is a delicesy (sp?) in some countries. I was in an Indian reservation once and they eat snake all the time. I just don't know what kind.

Cheryl

Comment

I *personally* don't think there is anything wrong with eating snake. I DO however disagree with the method they are killed. No animal no matter what kind of food it will become should suffer after killed for consumption. I don't care if it's chickens, fish, pork or cattle. Or even frogs, turtles, sharks or horses. If the animal is suffering for too long, yeah, that makes me mad. But if the killing part is done properly and it's over in the blink of an eye, I don't see what's wrong with it. I've eaten all sorts of 'unconventional' food items just to try it. But.....

that's just me. Nixx

Comment

Snakes of every shape and size are eated all over the world on a daily basis. That includes right here in the good ol' U.S of A. There are a lot of placesa in the southwestern part of this country where you can eat rattlesnake. I've eaten it, and like it....
        I know, for us it's like seeing people eating dogs, but that happens, too. Remember, people in India are horrified by the idea of eating a cow, but that doesn't stop most of us from ordering that steak...

-Sean in NoCal
        “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
        -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

Although, I don't like it, nor do I support it, a snake being eaten is the same thing as eating a cow, or a chicken.
          It serves as the same thing, food.
          But of course we get mad a little because we all just love snakes here

Comment

It is sad as we love these animals and don't think of them as food, but as Nixxi said, people eat various animals all the time. I've routinely said that I was a vegetarian and a past PETA member even, so I am very into animal welfare. When I was down at VA Tech, we worked with slaughter animals and learned how things should be and that is very humane. Unfortunately for reasons usually driven by money and lack of care they aren't. Pushing for larger accomodations and proper treatment before slaughter as well as proper slaughter are all things we should do, trying to ban it is a moot point no matter what the animal is. Luckily many people are seeing that and companies are changing over to free-range practices where possible and animal cruelty at slaughterhouses is being prosecuted. I think some of the most cruel practices though are in Asian countries that kill sharks for their fins and eat fish alive... It would be such a nice world if more people cared about themselves, about animals, and mostly about each other. ::steps off soap box::

Comment

Working...
            X