Why are the het Roswells so cheap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are the het Roswells so cheap?

This is something I have been wondering about. The Roswells are still a pretty new morph. Hardly anybody's got any, and Steve over at BoaMorph is selling em for $1500.00. Speaking as someone who wants to breed some nice snakes and would like to see prices taking a longer curve towards oblivion, that seems kinda low to me. What do you guys think? Maybe there is something about the Roswell market that I don't see.

Re: Why are the het Roswells so cheap?

I have no idea why the Het Roswells are so reasonably priced. I do know if I had the extra cash, I'd get one.

It could be that they're priced lower, because the genetics are completely proven yet.

I've come close, several times, to sending them an email. I was curious about their reasonable payment plans. LOL.

Who knows, I still might shoot them an email. I really don't know if I can afford one until I know what the payments would be.

I did notice that the Roswell they have in the ad, doesn't have "dark eyes". The eyes on that one look normal. I found that very interesting.

I really don't want to make a Roswell, but I "REALLY" love the pattern on the Hets. If I was to get one. I'd prefer that it didn't turn out to be Het for Albino. I'd rather mix them with the Sharp Albinos.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda View Post

I did notice that the Roswell they have in the ad, doesn't have "dark eyes". The eyes on that one look normal. I found that very interesting.

I don't think I understand this comment. Is the "dark eyes" thing supposed to be a marker of some kind? That's very interesting....

I know what you mean about not wanting them to be het for Albino. Not that het for Albino is a bad thing, but you want to be able to make your own projects out of 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by judgment View Post
        I don't think I understand this comment. Is the "dark eyes" thing supposed to be a marker of some kind? That's very interesting....

I know what you mean about not wanting them to be het for Albino. Not that het for Albino is a bad thing, but you want to be able to make your own projects out of 'em.
        The first Roswell Boa had dark eyes. Sort of like a Super Motley.

I read his web site too. He said there's only "3" Roswell Boas in exsistance. I know there were more than that born. I wonder if he's counting the very first Roswell Boa in that number.

I'm "seriously" considering email or calling them about the payment plan. I know I probably can't afford it, but I'll never know until I ask. LOL.

Comment

The first Roswell Boa had dark eyes. Sort of like a Super Motley.

I read his web site too. He said there's only "3" Roswell Boas in exsistance. I know there were more than that born. I wonder if he's counting the very first Roswell Boa in that number.

I'm "seriously" considering email or calling them about the payment plan. I know I probably can't afford it, but I'll never know until I ask. LOL.
          im sure you could even talk him down there are some good looking ones for 1250

Comment

Originally posted by MSwift View Post
            im sure you could even talk him down there are some good looking ones for 1250
            Actually, even "if" I could talk him down... I wouldn't. I feel the price he is asking is very reasonable. I feel they're worth more than that.

BTW I was thinking of getting a 1250 male. They look pretty darn good. At that price, I want one so bad I can't stand it. LOL.

I'd really like to get a Key West Boa too, but I have a feeling those will be "WAY" out of my price range.

Comment

Actually, even "if" I could talk him down... I wouldn't. I feel the price he is asking is very reasonable. I feel they're worth more than that.

BTW I was thinking of getting a 1250 male. They look pretty darn good. At that price, I want one so bad I can't stand it. LOL.

I'd really like to get a Key West Boa too, but I have a feeling those will be "WAY" out of my price range.
              i would love to get either but with me getting the jungles i have no money left lol and i have a feeling not only are the key wests way outta range anyway i have a feeling jeffs might not sell the ones he has other then to close friends

Comment

Originally posted by MSwift View Post
                i would love to get either but with me getting the jungles i have no money left lol and i have a feeling not only are the key wests way outta range anyway i have a feeling jeffs might not sell the ones he has other then to close friends
                I know what you mean about not having any money left. I just got my Sharp Albinos, so I'm tapped out too.

I have a feeling you're right about Jeff not selling any this time around. Ya can't blame him though. They're pretty AWESOME!

Comment

Don't quote me on this but depending on the situation, he may not sell any from this litter. I imagine we will hear something more definitive soon - like within a month or so.

Whoa I'm number 3 to post this thought... man I'm slow.

Comment

I would love a keywest boa because I am sure the hypo gene is going to keep the pattern on the KY boa intact.

I want one Jeff. Jeff, I am waving to you.

Comment

I know what you mean about not having any money left. I just got my Sharp Albinos, so I'm tapped out too.

I have a feeling you're right about Jeff not selling any this time around. Ya can't blame him though. They're pretty AWESOME!
                      Originally posted by judgment View Post
                      Don't quote me on this but depending on the situation, he may not sell any from this litter. I imagine we will hear something more definitive soon - like within a month or so.

Whoa I'm number 3 to post this thought... man I'm slow.

i think we shall see i no i wont be getting one lol and your right linda i think jefe has some amazing plans for those little buggers

Comment

Well $1500 for a snake is still alot of money. Are you looking at that price for a het? I don't know why the prices may be low, perhaps he just needs some sales and has lowered the prices or maybe they are no in high demand anymore. Anything can change it.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how the project progresses.

Comment

Originally posted by chaosboa View Post
                            Well $1500 for a snake is still alot of money. Are you looking at that price for a het? I don't know why the prices may be low, perhaps he just needs some sales and has lowered the prices or maybe they are no in high demand anymore. Anything can change it.
                            Actually, 1500 for a Roswell Het is very reasonable. The 1500 is the price for a female. There are males for 1250. The Roswell gene is thought to be a dominant/co-domant gene. So, the Hets have that nice CBLT Patterns. The Super Form has full length body stripes and dark eyes. At least, the first one had dark eyes.

So, even though your talking about a "Het". It would be the same as talking about a Motley as a "Het", as far as the genes are thought to work.

The only thing is that the Roswell is cross between as BCI/BCC. So, it's a "cross". Now the being a cross doesn't bother me at all. A beautiful boa is still a beautiful boa. Then there's the chance of a stray "Kahl" Albino gene in there. If you're wanting the Kahl gene, it's GREAT. If not... then it's not so good. My plan is to breed to a Sharp, so I wouldn't want the Kahl gene in there to confuse the recipe. If I got one, I'd have to breed to a Kahl Albino first, to make sure what's there and what's not.

Now, I really don't want to make a Roswell Boa. However, I "LOVE" the look of the Hets. The Roswell Hets and the Key West Boas look very similar.

The Roswells are crosses and the Key West Boas are not crosses.

I'd love to have both in my collection.

Comment

Working...
                            X