Gotta Go :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta Go :(

couldnt really find the proper forum to put this in so i hope this will do.

due to a couple of unexpected and unfortunate events recently, im having to get rid of my whole collection. this also includes cages, hides, ranco t-stat, and heat. cages will be pick-up only, or i will meet you half way depending on distance. ive never shipped boas before, so im hoping to sell locally (specially with the cold season arriving). but if i have to ship, i will be using Ship Your Reptiles - Ship Live Reptiles Easily, Securely and Affordably

my pm box is full here of info i need, so to contact me, you can use one of the following:

email: [email protected]
    phone: 706-347-0748
    pin (blackberry users): 3049F71B
    or if you have me on facebook, you can message me there

im starting a 2nd job monday, so if you call, odds are i wont be able to answer. so just leave a message or text me, and i will reply when i can.

here is a video of the boas i have. two of the 09's have already been sold.
    YouTube - The Collection 7-09

thanks

Re: Gotta Go

You have some beautiful normals. Sorry you have to get rid of them

Comment

Great looking snakes buddy, they're super tame too. SOrry you have to let them go. I wish yo luck in finding them homes. WIsh I had space available,

Comment

Are these for sale or adoption?

No posts may be placed in the adoption section if they are for sale.

Sty, you are a paid member, so you can post your animals for sale in most any forum.

The adoption/rescue forum is strictly for adopted (no FEE) animals. (Standard Shipping fees are okay)

If they are for sale we just need to move this to the general section.
        To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
        -Clay English
        Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

Phone and Email message sent.....

Comment

I’m so sorry that you have to leave the hobby! I recall leaving it in 1999 when I was moving from NY to NC just to end up moving back anyway. Today I really regret selling my collection back then but at the time a lot of personal issues “mentally” took me out of the hobby.

I’ve recently returned and hope that it’s to stay this time around! Some steps I’ve taken to help me be hopefully be successful this time around are keeping my collection small. 9 boas total until I produce babies 4 years from now. My collection is so small and easily manageable that when one of my snakes makes a mess I catch it immediately. It takes me a 1/2 hour to clean all my boa enclosures

Also, it’s not uncommon for someone getting out the hobby to get a 3rd or less than what they paid for their animals.

I hope you take these factors into consideration. It’s so hard to part with the collection; I know I’ve done it.

I hope in the end you are happy with whatever choices you make. All I can say is just reconsider.

There are always people willing to help. When I was leaving the vice president of my local herp society offered to buy my animals and promised to sell them back to me for exactly what he was paying for them from me; but I was not wise at the time to take him up on that offer. Instead I sold them to a broker to have them out of my house in a half hour for not much money at all. Just things for you to consider…..I wish you well in whatever you decide to do.

Comment

I'll call you later JR--email sent as well....
              http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

sorry about that hope everything goes good wish i could help you out man

Comment

Originally posted by ClayEnglish View Post
                  Are these for sale or adoption?

No posts may be placed in the adoption section if they are for sale.

Sty, you are a paid member, so you can post your animals for sale in most any forum.

The adoption/rescue forum is strictly for adopted (no FEE) animals. (Standard Shipping fees are okay)

If they are for sale we just need to move this to the general section.
                  sorry clay, didnt realize that. they are for sale

Comment

I moved this to the general chit chat section. J.R. I hate to hear this. I have aloted most of my snake money to the Columbia show at the moment but I am willing to help you anyway I can. I will be in touch. Let me know if there is any other way I can help.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I had to cut my collection from around 20 snakes to 3 when I joined the military. I was going away to boot camp and then SEAL training and just couldn't find people to take care of 20 snakes for over a year for me. Good luck finding homes for them.
                      http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

Originally posted by davenkelly View Post
                        Phone and Email message sent.....
                        Originally posted by zamora View Post
                        I'll call you later JR--email sent as well....
                        ive replied to both. just lettin you know, in case it went to your junk folder or something. thanks

thanks chris

Comment

Dude, that sucks...

I wish I could help. Good luck. I hope you find homes for them all.

-Sean in NoCal
                          “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
                          -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

Sorry to hear that bro. I hope in the future everything works out and you can come back to our hobby.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this JR. I can't take in the boas but if there is ANYTHING that I CAN do just ask bro. I hope you will stay involved with the forum as much as you can. You are a valuable member here.

Comment

Working...
                              X