the mystery of the electric orange albino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the mystery of the electric orange albino

so many people have been getting new boas lately that i thought i'd join the club.

w/o further adieu....

1.0 motley het albino

and an unrelated 0.1 albino (you should see this girl in person. the flash washed out about 90% of her orange)

now here's the (rather lengthy but good) story behind these two...

so steve-o and i were makin' the rounds at tinley this past month, and i came across this fantastic lookin' girl... (the pic quality isn't that great, but it highlights her orange more than the last one did)

i was stunned, but i wasn't in the market for a female or an albino. so i just admired for a while, talked to the guy who produced her for a bit, and continued on. well, i stopped by the table a couple more times just to admire. the guy saw me looking at these, too:

"wanna take one home?"

i jokingly told him, "only if you'll let me do it for $400, 'cause that's all i've got!"

well he laughed and said no. no big surprise

i never did get the name of his company - a mistake i would soon begin kicking myself over...

well i ended up getting my 1.0 PK poss super salmon jungle and was happy. but i kept thinking back, "man, i should have gotten that albino! she was GORGEOUS!"

i began trying to track down the guy. i asked steve and the other RTBers who were there if they remembered, and none did. so i emailed the guy who ran the show, and he wasn't sure who it was, either. i got a floor-plan and vendor list from him to see if i could piece it together, because i knew approximately where his table was.

no luck.

so i gave up hope of ever solving the mystery...

several weeks later i was scanning KS for a motley het albino to pair with the fem poss het albino i got from steve-o. i came across two nice looking males for sale and contacted the guy. his name was kraig, and his company was 'living canvas exotics.' we began talking about prices.

after a couple of emails, i thought to myself, "man, that company sounds familiar."

then i took a little closer look at the KS add, and had a fleeting thought that they looked ALOT like the two motley het albinos in the picture i took at tinley at the same table as the orange albino. so i examined them closer, and decided they looked nearly identical!

i started to get REALLY excited, so i emailed kraig the pics i took at tinley and asked him if they - by chance - were his.

he said YES! and i was so excited i about crapped my pants!

i ended up calling him and asked him if he still - by chance - had that "gorgeous orange albino."

he said YES again!!! and i nearly crapped myself again!

we started talking about a package deal for the two and eventually worked something out.

i put a down payment on the pair later that day and have been PUMPED ever since

i will hopefully acquire them late february or early march!

Re: the mystery of the electric orange albino

I'm glad you DIDN'T CRAP your pants!

Great lookin pair brother!
    Ernest

www.magikboas2011.wix.com/home Where you will find Available Boas to my Magik BBQ Sauce!

Comment

Dude, that is a awesome story and it was meant to be. I am super happy for you. That is one sweet albino and motley. Is the economy picking up? Lots of people buying snakes. SWEET!!!!!!!!!

Comment

ahh, yes i have talked with kraig, he was very patient with me and very helpful, although i havent bought anything from him yet. im glad you got the orange female maybe one day she can have a date or two with my orange male LMAO

Comment

absolutely a stunning looking albino...I cant believe you actually tracked him down,thats pretty awesome,cant wait till you get it,i know you are excited...thats an awesome feeling....CONGRATS.....Mike

Comment

Thats awesome man, I'm glad you got what you wanted. Hmmm.... maybe one day I can get an Albino Mot from ya....

Comment

Glad that you found them! The albino is sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by judgment View Post
                Thats awesome man, I'm glad you got what you wanted. Hmmm.... maybe one day I can get an Albino Mot from ya....
                Oh yes, definitly in the plans - but that's just the beginning....

Mwa-ha-ha-ha

Comment

I know what you neeed now
                  A Colorful Pastel Dream Male Het Albino
                  with a beautiful strong connested pattern !!

Lar M
                  Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

awesome story and even more awesome boas dude congrats on that man cant wait to see new pics

Comment

Congrats on the future new additions brother.... I'm really glad you made it through those close calls with the pants. Man, that could have gone south real quick. LOL
                      "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

Awesome dood! lol I remember when you put down the payment, you were just bursting to tell Steve (I think) in the chatroom but had to settle with me. I just knew you had gotten a 'bino after posting at least three times that week that you wanted one, but the Motley was a surprise. Congrats again on the gorgeous pick ups (your 'bino may be prettier than mine, but mines older and I had one first so there!) and good luck with those classified breeding projects.

Mat.

Comment

WOW! They are WICKED bro!

I like the back story too. It makes them even more special. I have a couple boas with a cool back story and those I will keep forever!

Congratulations!!

Comment

Wow! Congrats, Chris! That Mot is a real cutie! And I can't wait to see a less washed-out photo of the albino.

Comment

hey, nice story glad it worked out for you. really like that mot

Comment

Working...
                              X