Just a question to RTB Reptile community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a question to RTB Reptile community

Well I have talked personally to alot of people and other reptile breeders about this topic and I would like to hear from the RTB community:

I have a hour long radio show on Blog Talk Radio called "The Serpents Den" and last night I spoke to John (Owner of Herps4Sale) and he had mentioned I should find a Co-Host with knowledge and potential. This is great advice and I thanked him for it, he also let me know I need to open up to people and their questions/concerns and I agree once again.

So I know most of you here do not even know who I am but I would like to change that because there has been somethings going on with my life that has turned to complete positives. Here are some questions I ask of you all:

#1) I know my show does not compare to Reptile Radio, but what would you all like to see come out a ameture radio show?

#2) What do you think are the pros and cons of doing such a show?

#3) Would anyone be willing to Co-Host a radio show like this?

#4) Would anyone like to be a special guest on the show when we decide on the answers to the questions?

I have ambition and can talk it up pretty good but I am looking for a little more push for the show. Also please do not think you will offend me because I am open for anything you all throw my way!

Thanks Guys,
    -Rob

Re: Just a question to RTB Reptile community

Originally posted by MonsterBoas View Post
    #1) I know my show does not compare to Reptile Radio, but what would you all like to see come out a ameture radio show?

#4) Would anyone like to be a special guest on the show when we decide on the answers to the questions?
    1 - The main thing I think we would all like to see is the spread of information about the hobby. The more people that get into the hobby, the better it is for all of us. It supports the breeders, rodent suppliers, this forum, etc when more people get into the hobby. Also, many people see reptile keeping as kind of a niche hobby, they don't realize how many people actually have snakes now. It would be great if the general public saw reptile keeping as a normal practice rather than something strange.

2 - The pros are the spread of information, more publicity for the hobby, more education on why things like HR2811 would destroy many people's incomes, and a way to fight back against the undeserved negative publicity reptiles have today.

3 - I would be willing to do something like this. Although I have over 10 years of experience keeping and breeding everything from salamanders to retics, there are others more qualified than me (Lar, Gus, Jeff, Clay, etc.)

4 - I would be more than happy to be a guest on your show
    http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

b3napoleon - You have some very strong responces and I appreciate that! Although for a successful "Blog Talk Radio" show, it dont take complete expertise to share alot of wonderful information! Although it would be nice one day to see Jeff and Clay and the rest perticipate in something in this nature. I hope for more responces on this topic!

-Rob

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterBoas View Post

1. information, proper car of boas, handling techniques, proper caging, and just pure reptile exposure

2. pros are the above listed can be explained to people cons can't think of any

3. definitely don't have enough experience to co-host

4. would love to be a guest on the show man

Comment

MSwift - Great advice! I will be sure to make that a priority! Information is the best source and proper at that, although we all have different opinions on topics concerning reptiles. Thanks for wanting to be a guest on the show because its not about breeders and producers, its about the hobbyists/keepers also! This is great that I got some good responces!

-Rob

Comment

1) Knowledgable information. A plain and open forum for discussion, because we all like to do things just a little differently and can always learn from one another. (A lot like here, only it's always nice to hear a voice..) Mostly, as already stated, information that shows it's not just tatooed biker dudes that keep snakes. (I mean no disrespect to anyone who has tatoos or is a biker. It's just one of many misconceptions! )

2) Pros, many. (See above) Cons, several. If mis-information gets out there, that bell can't be un-rung. (Again, see above)

3) Sorry bra! I'm a quite guy!

4) Nah! There are people on this forum far more qualified for that!

Good luck with it!

-Sean in NoCal
            “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
            -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

Working...
            X