FINALLY, we has new snake food :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINALLY, we has new snake food :D

i was pretty sure these guys werent doing what they were supposed to be doing and ill admit i was getting agitated with them lol, but we got a surprise today 7 little pinkies!! we had 1.4 set up in a huge tub and we couldnt figure out which one was the mother at first, and the other females were picking up the babies and stashing them in random places luckily no one ate any of them, thank god finally we figured out which one was the new mom and we separated her and the babies into their own tub and shes nursing them and keeping them warm now

im so glad these are rats and not something EVIL like hamsters, at least these guys arent biting little bastards....LOL

Re: FINALLY, we has new snake food

Congratulations on the food !!

Lar M
    Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

im hoping it will prove to be cheaper for us in the long run, like everyone says lol. we have, well, lets just say we have alot of little and big mouths to feed here, so hopefully we can throw in all the extra cash we would have used on rats on something else, like some new cages or something who knows maybe we can start supplying other snake owners with some good rats

now when we get some more room, we def need to start breeding bunnies too....LOL at least half our collection will be eating rabbits within the next 2-3 years.

Comment

Hey that's cool she finally had babies, it should definatly prove to be cheaper. Good luck,

Comment

It is cheaper but it is also alot of work. I have 5 1.3 breeding colonies right now and they produce alot of little rats lol. The bunnies will definately be something you want to do. I have just started with them. It takes way to long to grow rats to the jumbo size. I usually only grow them to large. The only jumbo's I have are retired breeders.

Comment

Pretty cool...i was staring at the baby pic in amazement of how they look when they are born. To bad their life span is going to be cut short But we have to look at it as a cycle of nature!
            Ernest

www.magikboas2011.wix.com/home Where you will find Available Boas to my Magik BBQ Sauce!

Comment

oh no i dont wanna keep these guys alive long enough to reach jumbo size lol, way too long once my snakes are big enough to eat jumbos, i start feeding them bunnies anyway a 2lb bunny, for me, is the same price as a jumbo rat, but its much more food, and better food for them the bunnies keep my girls satisfied longer and their growth is crazy

Comment

Working...
              X