UPDATE on my "snake hating" girlfriend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE on my "snake hating" girlfriend

I think she has officially been converted. She threw a fit when I got the newest boa because he was over 6ft. Then...yesterday she says a guy at work has an 8-9 ft female that he cant keep anymore. Hes had it for 7 years and its at his moms house for now but shes terrified of them so my girlfriend actually OFFERED to take it in for him. She said we would house it and take care of it until he could get it back. Then when he mentioned he wanted a smaller snake she blew my mind AGAIN and offered to trade him one of my small ball pythons so we could keep this monster boa. She's really coming along...

Re: UPDATE on my "snake hating" girlfriend

Wow I would say she is coming along. That's great! I bet your excited to see this big boa girl too! Post pics when you have her.

Comment

That's cool, I'm glad she's coming along. I don't know about the whole "offering to trade your snakes" thing though. lol

Comment

That is cool. Seems it only a matter of time. Before my wife could take 'em or leave 'em. Now she has more than I do. :-)

Comment

If we end up getting her I will definately get pics posted. OF course people always say they have an 8 or 9 ft snake and when it comes down to it its more like 4-5 lol. But he did say hes had it for 7 years so Im assuming he knows pretty accurately how long she is.

Comment

Originally posted by chaosboa View Post
            That's cool, I'm glad she's coming along. I don't know about the whole "offering to trade your snakes" thing though. lol
            Yeah. lol I told her that they are already spoken for on a trade. Im getting 2 very pretty, normal columbians for them. They are really clean and have nice colors.

Comment

haha nice job on converting the gf

Comment

Im thinking about updating her to "fiance" status soon. lol Then on to the wifey

Comment

thats cool man congrats mine is cool with my babies she even claims the male albino as her boyfriend and the female as my girl, was gonna get a 7 ft columbianXargentine she agreed, changed my mind and she was greatful. So there an underlining to her to convert. but glad to hear you got yours man.

Comment

Originally posted by Spo0led View Post
                    Im thinking about updating her to "fiance" status soon. lol Then on to the wifey
                    LOL. That is how I did it. I had broke wife in to the snake thing with my first BP, mentioned how much I love snakes and how I would like to get a "few" more. She thought it was cool. We got engaged and then married a year later LOL.

Congrats! We need some pics!

Comment

hey thats great man, think my girlfriend needs a bit more training. when i told her i wanted to buy a second boa ,she told me to sell my bp. ithink there should be some sort of therapy for women like this. does anybody know of a helpline for her

Comment

Congrats! My wife won't even come in the room when I have my 8 footer Isis out. Yeah she is really 8 feet and trust me on this, it is alot of snake to handle and I'm not a small guy either. Make sure you are ready to take in a large boa because caring for them has it's challenges. You don't want your hand mistaken for a rat when they are in feeding mode. They can be alot of fun when they aren't wanting to go back into their enclosure and fight you all the way. Good luck on the new acquisition.

Comment

she'll come around 100% she just needs to realize its what you like...and she needs to see that snakes are not this gross, slimy, girlfriend eating creature from the movies...

as my wife has....im still working on the rats part

Comment

Originally posted by JLTerry View Post
                            Congrats! My wife won't even come in the room when I have my 8 footer Isis out. Yeah she is really 8 feet and trust me on this, it is alot of snake to handle and I'm not a small guy either. Make sure you are ready to take in a large boa because caring for them has it's challenges. You don't want your hand mistaken for a rat when they are in feeding mode. They can be alot of fun when they aren't wanting to go back into their enclosure and fight you all the way. Good luck on the new acquisition.

Thanks for the advise. I think she will "man up" and help me out. She did a lot when we got the 6 and a half footer, she will even hold it on her own while I clean the cage or other things.

Comment

Please tell me what steps you took to convert her LOL!! Mine thinks they are cute and all but won't touch them. She like many has bought in to all the myths (slimey, mean, etc).

She was curious to watch one eat the other day though so she got to see my baby corn eat a pinky and was totally disgusted by it (I thought it was amazing to see his little head expand so big lol)

I hope one day she'll eventually get HER OWN and that will be one more thing we can enjoy together but definitly props to you. Your girl sounds like my kind of girl "oh sure we can take it" <-- thats my goal for her LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X