Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vin Russo's book, Compare these two boas, need opinions please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vin Russo's book, Compare these two boas, need opinions please.

Look on page 164, picture 1, in The "Complete Boa Constrictor" book.

Now look at this!

Does this boa look like a Jungle or what? I got her for the price of a normal. She was mislabeled as a Paradox, which clearly she has no albino in her. Maybe she could produce some stripes? I don't know.

She does carry some cool head markings too.

What are your opinions on this little beauty. She is an 08 female.

Thanks for looking.

Re: Vin Russo's book, Compare these two boas, need opinions please.

Jonny thats a real nice looking boa. I really don't see the things I would be looking for in a jungle but who knows. I definately would not call it a jungle with out knowing where it came from. The only way to prove that would be to breed it to another jungle and see if you got supers. It could just be a very abberant boa.

Comment

Originally posted by clsutt29 View Post
      Jonny thats a real nice looking boa. I really don't see the things I would be looking for in a jungle but who knows. I definately would not call it a jungle with out knowing where it came from. The only way to prove that would be to breed it to another jungle and see if you got supers. It could just be a very abberant boa.
      Thanks Chris, and no I am not going to call her anything until I am sure of what she is. I did pick up a nice little jungle male and that was my plan. Just to breed the two and see if we get some supers out of the littler.

Comment

Reminds me of a female I used to have. A nice abberant normal.

Comment

hey jonny, just looked on the page and it looks very similar to that "Strungle". . .good luck and thanks for sharing. . .

Comment

Originally posted by HopingForBabies View Post
            Reminds me of a female I used to have. A nice abberant normal.

Wow your Boa and this Boa I got from Steve (Atrayu) are very similar
            I call " Stevie Girl " ha ha

She gets a boy friend tomorrow

Johnny I do see some of the general markers for Jungle on your Boa

The arrow head marking ,the aberrant saddles & missing saddle points

I doubt , really doubt its a Jungle Boa . What you might have though is one of
            those Boas that combine nicely with the Jungle trait to produce
            extremely aberrant Jungle Boa babies
            Last edited by Boa Amarali; 12-07-2009, 12:37 AM.

Lar M
            Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Lar, Stevie Girl is real dark, almost anery looking. She looks alot like my "Annie" I got from Atrayu. Steve had some nice boas.
              Jonny, your boa doesn't look like a jungle to me but as Lar said, paired with a jungle might make some wicked babies.

Comment

Originally posted by DIRTY SHOOTER View Post
                Lar, Stevie Girl is real dark, almost anery looking. She looks alot like my "Annie" I got from Atrayu. Steve had some nice boas.
                Jonny, your boa doesn't look like a jungle to me but as Lar said, paired with a jungle might make some wicked babies.

Yep Dirty ,Steve had some really decent Boas. I've never had any luck
                with an adult fem coming here and breeding successfully.
                I hope that changes with Stevie Girl !!

Lar M
                Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Jonny , that is one nice boa! I do see a similarity to the Strungle on 164... There may be some Jungle blood in her, or maybe Arabesque... or as Chris mentioned she could just be an aberrant normal. What ever she is she's a beauty! I usually don't like a lot of freckles, but she's quite the looker!

Congrats. She's one sweet pick-up!

Comment

Originally posted by MLynch View Post
                    Jonny , that is one nice boa! I do see a similarity to the Strungle on 164... There may be some Jungle blood in her, or maybe Arabesque... or as Chris mentioned she could just be an aberrant normal. What ever she is she's a beauty! I usually don't like a lot of freckles, but she's quite the looker!

Congrats. She's one sweet pick-up!
                    You know, its funny. I was never in to anything with speckles either. I was always after the supper clean snakes. I don't exactly know what it is with this girl. Its just one of those things.

I was very surprised to say the least when I looked in the book and saw those similarities.

Thanks for the comments.

Comment

i think shes aberrant hopefully its genetic and she will pass it on to her babies

Comment

Working...
                      X