Shipping my snakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping my snakes

Im going to be shipping some snakes I traded and was wondering what I can and cant do. One is a male BP about 4'3 and the other is a female BP about 3'9 or so. Shes just a hair under 4 feet. I am shipping to the same person..can I use 1 box and 2 snake bags/pillow cases? Or do I need to ship in 2 seperate boxes? Also for heat should I use one 72hr heat pack? one 40 hr heat pack? Im shipping to the NJ area so it will be pretty cold.

Re: Shipping my snakes

If it was me I would wait. Temps have been 40 and below.

Comment

Originally posted by Atrayu View Post
      If it was me I would wait. Temps have been 40 and below.
      Thanks. Ive never shipped before and I would hate to do any harm to the snakes.

Comment

I'd say it's a bad time to ship to the north east. I live in MD and it's been freezing just got snow and ice yesterday and use to live in nj I know it's colder up there.

Comment

Alright..Ive never shipped so I wasnt sure. I thought heat packs would do the job but I guess thats just to help in cooler weather huh? Ill talk to the guy Im supposed to trade with and see if hes willing to wait. If not I guess Ill just keep my pair and hope he doesnt do a "Bad Guy BOI" on me on fauna. What about shipping 2 snakes in 1 box? Is that ok?

Comment

yeah just bag them seperate

Comment

Cool. I didnt think it would be a problem as long as they were in seperate bags. Thanks.

Comment

I'd put them in separate bags same box

For me as long as you are shipping with daytime temps of 40 degrees I think its ok

I've had a Boa shipped to me in Dec a couple years ago snow on the ground and pretty
                cold , no heat pack either Boa was ice cold and I got Boa warmed up when he got here
                and was just fine

So with heat IMO he'd be fine as long as it's not 20* daytime high 0*-5* night low etc..

Of course its only my opinion

Plus it is always better to be safe than sorry so..........

Anyway here are links to shipping info

Plus you can always order shipping supplies from ship your reptiles .com - click here

shipyourreptiles.com - click here

ship your reptiles .com + How to ship Video- click here

They have heating packs made for reptile shipping.

Boxes and the video to step by step packaging and shipping
                Last edited by Boa Amarali; 12-07-2009, 02:40 AM.

Lar M
                Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Thanks. Thats who I planned to ship through. Would you use 40hr packs or 72?

Comment

I'd probably use 40 but honestly I'm not familiar with the benefits of 72 hr.

Mainly because shipping a snake should take less than 24 hour period

So I guess using or considering using a 72 never came up for me.

I'm wondering if they (72 hr) maybe have longer steadier heat in 24 hour period
                    I wouldn't think so

So there are always things to consider aren't there.

If I were you I'd go with your gut feeling what you believe is best

That's half the battle relieving your own tendency to worry when shipping

I know it worries me every time no matter what

Lar M
                    Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

I used one of the 72hr from "Ship your Reptiles" when I shipped E his snake and it was still plenty warm when it arrived.

Comment

Working...
                      X