Disgusted by my countrymen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disgusted by my countrymen.

Well not all of them, but there are a few I'd like to deport right now if I could. In the effort to raise awareness I have been posting wherever I can. I keep running into Canadian REPTILE KEEPERS who are just constantly regurgitating this stupid 'decimation of Florida" argument. It's getting very frustrating trying to explain what is actually happening and trying to combat this passiveness about losing our hobby. It's sad because I'm finding more and more that many of these "peers" of mine are just social retards and thats why they got into reptiles in the first place so they really don't have stones to make their voice heard in any situation. They are content to sit in mommies basement looking at their stupid turtles and playing W.O.W. staining everything with cheesy fingers.

Sorry about the rant, but I needed to vent and don't want to waste my time directly flaming anyone. I feel a bit better now, back to the salt mines I guess.

Mat.

Re: Disgusted by my countrymen.

Originally posted by Hunglikeafruitbat View Post
    They are content to sit in mommies basement looking at their stupid turtles and playing W.O.W. staining everything with cheesy fingers.

LMAO!

you are always good for a laugh, man... i know how you feel, though. that's a big part of the problem: social retards. they're EVERYWHERE!

Comment

They obviously have not looked into the issue because there is no decimation of Florida
      not to mention this Legislation would not address it if there were

Its amazing how ignorant people can be isn't it ???

Thanks for the help my friend

Lar M
      Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

You know, I ran into the same thing. With my room mate who LIVES with my snakes. He asked "are they native?" like that should be more than enough of a reason to ban them. Its ridiculous!

Comment

Well not all of them, but there are a few I'd like to deport right now if I could. In the effort to raise awareness I have been posting wherever I can. I keep running into Canadian REPTILE KEEPERS who are just constantly regurgitating this stupid 'decimation of Florida" argument. It's getting very frustrating trying to explain what is actually happening and trying to combat this passiveness about losing our hobby. It's sad because I'm finding more and more that many of these "peers" of mine are just social retards and thats why they got into reptiles in the first place so they really don't have stones to make their voice heard in any situation. They are content to sit in mommies basement looking at their stupid turtles and playing W.O.W. staining everything with cheesy fingers.

Sorry about the rant, but I needed to vent and don't want to waste my time directly flaming anyone. I feel a bit better now, back to the salt mines I guess.

Mat.
          For the record not all Canadians are like this

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            For the record not all Canadians are like this
            LOL, c'mon it's the first sentence of the post! I just expected more from reptile keepers in general but am particularly bothered by how much American bashing is going on. I'm hearing alot "holier than thou" rhetoric coming from our brethren and then two sentences later proving themselves to be the ones coming from a position of ignorance. Lar got it right away, I'm running into a lot of people giving the same arguments that the USGS offered and it's obvious they haven't read article one about this problem. It's particularly bothersome to me because it's usually these same people who are also assuming they are somehow better than others because of where we live. I realize we aren't all like this I'm just bothered by how much of it I am seeing considering how many bans and such we've faced recently. I really didn't mean to give you the impression I was about to renounce my citizenship or anything lol! Just wanted to vent some frustrations. To you and Snakemaster and all the Canadians who are fighting this in any way they can and there really are too many to mention, I say thank you but I share the frustration of most of the members on this site when I see people arguing for the other side while participating in the hobby. I just think that regardless of whether or not this fight is our own courts, all North American reptile keepers should be fighting this and not deciding to be passive because they don't happen to keep snakes, or because they don't live in the states. We as North Americans voice our opinion worldwide on a great many issues, I don't see why this is any different.

Mat.

Comment

I thank you for all the support and understanding. American bashing seems to be very popular these days even inside our own borders. I see it everyday. It's unfortunate that many are too short sighted to see that this isn't just an "American" problem. It will have an impact on ALL herpers, regardless of their borders.

All I can say to you bro is keep up the fight and know that we greatly appreciate your resolve. You would make a great American.

Comment

Ehhh, you're getting mad over nothing. Of course if they are sitting in their basements playing wow, you are going to get that lame *** response. They don't understand the severity, nor them impact because they are too preoccupied with something else.

Don't get mad, your careless brethren(I hate to stereotype) are probably the same type of people who would release their pets in the wild in the first place!

Edit: And bashing isn't really a one way street. American's bash other countries, Europeans, Asians, everyone does it. But of course you rarely encounter someone bashing their own country (unless they truly despise it).

Comment

Originally posted by DIRTY SHOOTER View Post
                  I thank you for all the support and understanding. American bashing seems to be very popular these days even inside our own borders. I see it everyday. It's unfortunate that many are too short sighted to see that this isn't just an "American" problem. It will have an impact on ALL herpers, regardless of their borders.

All I can say to you bro is keep up the fight and know that we greatly appreciate your resolve. You would make a great American.
                  Thanks DIRTY it's good to be appreciated. I doubt anyone in a position to grant me citizenship would agree with your last statement but it's nice have your vote lol.
                  I like to think I make a great Canadian though and I don't plan on leaving just yet

Originally posted by Kollindyr View Post
                  Ehhh, you're getting mad over nothing. Of course if they are sitting in their basements playing wow, you are going to get that lame *** response. They don't understand the severity, nor them impact because they are too preoccupied with something else.

Don't get mad, your careless brethren(I hate to stereotype) are probably the same type of people who would release their pets in the wild in the first place!

Edit: And bashing isn't really a one way street. American's bash other countries, Europeans, Asians, everyone does it. But of course you rarely encounter someone bashing their own country (unless they truly despise it).
                  Let me assure I'm not getting mad, I'm getting frustrated and I'm getting frustrated over a very serious problem, not nothing. Your last statement confuses me and since I have no control over other peoples inner monologue, I'll make a point of stating this is not coming from a place of anger or intention to be rude. What are you talking about? I understand that bashing is a two way street, I'm not about to throw my hands in the air and say oh well thats the way it is. As far as rarely encountering someone who would bash their own country... well both America and Canada have a history of having of bashing their own citizens, government etc in fact we see it as our right and the main reason we like being North Americans. We are both peoples born of revolution, we don't just say: "Yes Mr. Dictator, whatever you say". I'm going give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you weren't questioning my patriotism.

Mat.

Comment

IMO Blog it.
                    I'm not questioning your patriotism at all, and you took my "mad over nothing" statement out of context.

I did not state that the problem itself was "nothing", but rather the perception perceived by your fellow peers and brethren. If explaining to them that the problem is much bigger than what it appears, and they still fail to realize the true potential of what this bill holds, what can you do? Put a gun to their head and ask them politely to agree with you?

They will only realize the problem when it BECOMES their problem. Right now it will only indirectly affect them, and guess what? Most people don't care about what indirectly affects them until it hits them like a mack truck.

This is more prevalent in the province of Ontario, and other neighboring eastern provinces where we have not experienced hardships like that of British Columbia.
                    I am in no way disagreeing with you, and actually, I am full out agreeing with you that Canadians are failing to see the power of this bill proposed in the states.
                    Oh, and you don't need to give me any benefit of the doubt. Just take it as you see it, if my post offended you, then well... you can enjoy raging on the internet. *The part about bashing you own country unless you really despise it, was not directed at you*

Comment

Thanks DIRTY it's good to be appreciated. I doubt anyone in a position to grant me citizenship would agree with your last statement but it's nice have your vote lol.
                      I like to think I make a great Canadian though and I don't plan on leaving just yet
                      Oh I'm not saying you should defect. I don't believe patriotism is soley an American ideal. I respect the fact you want to stay and make it better. I'm sure you feel the same way about Canada as I do the US. My loyalty runs deep bro. Like... till death kind of deep.

LOL! I don't think your country would want me to stay either. It's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by DIRTY SHOOTER View Post
                        Oh I'm not saying you should defect. I don't believe patriotism is soley an American ideal. I respect the fact you want to stay and make it better. I'm sure you feel the same way about Canada as I do the US. My loyalty runs deep bro. Like... till death kind of deep.

LOL! I don't think your country would want me to stay either. It's all good.
                        LOL I guess if we want to hang out we'll have to do it in Mexico.

Mat.

Comment

Working...
                        X