Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have been working on my site, watcha think

Exquisite Boa Creations |

Have been working on my site the last few days or actually this past weekend, tell me what ya think. I still have to get pics of my Het Albino I got from clay and some enclosure pics on their but still working on it as I get Time
    Thanks in Advance for looking,
    Harmon Moss

Re: Have been working on my site, watcha think

Hi,

I don't think it looks too bad but to be honest I think the logo 'coloring your world' and similar really don't flow well with the other parts of the site. It's not that they clash really but the font and everything just doesn't flow well to me.

P.S. Nice snakes (High-C and Stevie)

Comment

Site looks great except for one thing. And I won't go into detail just 2 words Mark Miller.

Comment

Originally posted by Atrayu View Post
        Site looks great except for one thing. And I won't go into detail just 2 words Mark Miller.
        I looked for him a couple of weeks ago to see if he had been on lately but noticed he hadn't been on in a long time, I kinda wondered if there had been a falling out or something but just figured I would leave that one alone...lol
        But thanks for the compliment
        Harmon

Comment

Originally posted by bterrill View Post
          Hi,

I don't think it looks too bad but to be honest I think the logo 'coloring your world' and similar really don't flow well with the other parts of the site. It's not that they clash really but the font and everything just doesn't flow well to me.

P.S. Nice snakes (High-C and Stevie)
          Thanks Bryan
          I changed the home page font to blue to see if that flows better,
          I kinda like the flashing as an eye catcher what ya think about the blue(Home page)
          Thanks
          Harmon

Comment

Hi,

Well, I think there's too much blue now. Please keep in mind I'm an extremely picky person (it comes from building websites for the last 10 years). I liked the color the text was before you changed it (it matched the 'exquisite boas' color in your logo on the top) my main gripe was the bg of the bottom image I suppose. I see it with the different background and sorta want to click on it lol.

Take your 'quality boas' flashing image for example. It atleast blends in to the background (they are both black). I just don't think images should stand apart from the page flow unless it's an ad or something, so perhaps with that on grey (or whatever that bg is) it would look better.

Again, I can find most anything to gripe about so take my comments for what they are.

Comment

I was using an outdated Template so I changed everything with a newer template and cleaned it up I think, but still work in Progress it is still "UNDER CONSTRICTION"..lol
              Thanks,
              Harmon
              Exquisite Boa Creations - Home

Comment

Harmon,

Overall I liked the site a lot. I clicked on everything. I thought of two things. There seems to be a format every snake website has. About us, collection, available, contact, terms, links, etc...

Everyone's about site is always the same...I was a kid who was always out in the woods, swamp, fields, plains, pet shops, whatever...collecting and catching snakes and turtles, reptiles whatever and bringing them home and driving our mothers crazy.

I think it would be really nice to hear about why you chose boa constrictors. In other words for a potential buyer what is it that has made you fascinated with boas or with the particular ones you choose to keep. Your sight after all isn't "exquisite reptiles....specializing in all things reptiles"...right its about boas and darn right it should be. Anyway, I always like to hear about why people get into boas.

2) I would get better pictures for your collection. The shots you have are great "gallery" type pics, but collection pics should be clean looking. The quality doesn't have to be the best camera, but it can be on say a white or black backround. Hypos look great on black, albinos great on white, or do them all on some fake plants or pebbles...whatever.

Comment

Not bad! Looks like a good start.

Comment

Working...
                  X