Stamps Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamps Anyone?

Not sure if any of you know anything about stamps... I don't have a clue with them. So I'm wondering if there is anyone here who might know something about them. The reason I asked is because I put that book up for sale on ebay and I am just curious. Here is the link with tons of pics.
    Book full of worldwide stamps! Great Opportunity! NR!!! on eBay.ca (item 290383054433 end time 25-Dec-09 22:03:31 EST)
    Thanks for any help

Steve

Re: Stamps Anyone?

It's been years (decades) since I did anything with stamps, so I couldn't tell you what any of them is worth. Odds are, though, that there's not a lot of value in them, it looks like they're all stamps that would have been fairly easy to acquire. But, you never know. I think your best bet would be to find a collectibles store near you and have it appraised.

I did have one specific question though: How are they attached to the pages? It's hard to tell from the pics, but they aren't taped in place are they? If so, then they're worthless.

Neat reminder of a different generation though.
    "It is not my responsibility to live up to other people's perceptions of who I am. I am only responsible for living up to the standards I set for myself, to be the person I want to be."

Comment

Originally posted by monkeywrench133 View Post
      I did have one specific question though: How are they attached to the pages? It's hard to tell from the pics, but they aren't taped in place are they? If so, then they're worthless.
      It seems to be an actual stamp book. They are slid behind a thin sheet of paper. All of them can be taken out and slid back into place. Thanks.

Steve

Comment

That's what I thought, but I couldn't really tell from the pics.

Just out of curiousity, where did you find that book?
        "It is not my responsibility to live up to other people's perceptions of who I am. I am only responsible for living up to the standards I set for myself, to be the person I want to be."

Comment

Originally posted by monkeywrench133 View Post
          Just out of curiousity, where did you find that book?
          Some old guy around 10-12 years ago gave it to me before he died. He also gave me a huge collection of pins which I've made alright money selling so far. The pins are easier to find prices and sell. The stamps are kind of a pain especially anything not Canadian or American.

Steve

Comment

Working...
          X