Why so addictive?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why so addictive?????

Why is the collecting of herps so addictive???? Me personally growing up I had plenty of different herps from turtles to an iguana (RIP Taz)... I was never allowed to have a snake. About a year ago I was out and bought my first snake kept it in the basement of my grandmothers house. Then I started looking online and found out about morph and thats when it all went downhill ...I ordered my 2nd and 3rd snake online (pastel and hetalbino) then I moved out about 2 months ago and that is when I bought my boa which, dont tell the balls , I am just in love with my boa. Not saying I dont love the BP's but the boa i just cant explain. in between all of that I got 2 corn snakes and now Im looking to buy a dumeril. Its getting crazy my fiancee is getting pissed at me. The best thing i ever read on here someone wrote i believe 100%. My favorite snake is my next one lol . So why , why is it such an addiction. I dont plan on breeding well not right now lol

Re: Why so addictive?????

That is a great post, and I think all of us here agree on. It all started, for me, with a normal RTB, which I have always wanted since the fragile age of 6. Mother and Father would never let me keep the garter snakes I would catch. After my time in the army, the fascination had came back, I picked up a normal ball python since they are a great starter snake. Next thing I knew, I found baby RTB's at a local pet shop. I explained to my wife that owning one of these was my childhood fantasy. LOL. She said ok and I brought home my first RTB.

I had seen this site after buying my BP, but didn't feel right joining since it is an RTB site. I kept reading post after post and finally had joined. Now it is the best thing I have ever done. Now seeing all the different morphs that can be made, I was further and further thrown in to the addiction. I am just lucky that my wife doesn't mind LOL. She helps a lot and cares a lot for these creatures. I guess I got lucky. LOL.

Comment

Ditto sir, ditto

Comment

Originally posted by Poleock View Post
        The best thing i ever read on here someone wrote i believe 100%. My favorite snake is my next one lol .
        That was my line! LOL! It's the truth too! I think what makes them addictive is the never ending possibilities. It's also the fact that you CAN have so many. They don't take up a lot of space, they don't require as much work either. They are truly collectible animals. Some people collect baseball cards or stamps....I collect snakes! What makes snakes better than most any other collectible is that I can make more of them!! I can keep what I want and sell the rest!

Comment

yessssssir best hobby ever

Comment

I think im a lil addicted to the site too, well here and usark

Comment

I know right. It's like "c'mon man.. one more snake... it will be the last time, I promise. You know, I can stop buying them anytime I want to I just don't want to right now..."

As DIRTY said one of the biggest appeals to me is that they don't take much work and don't want much from me. I don't care much for high maintainence animals (or people ;P)

Comment

see my newest thread for help brian!!

Comment

Originally posted by bterrill View Post
                  I know right. It's like "c'mon man.. one more snake... it will be the last time, I promise."
                  i told the wife that about 7 boas ago lol

i really think Mike (dirty) summed it up they are beauitful animals the possibilitys with them are darn near endless easy to keep limited space and they just hold a special place in people hearts even a person scared to death of snakes can see an amazing boa/pyhton and say to themselves i hate snakes but thats a goruges animal

Comment

Working...
                  X