Fed-ex rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fed-ex rant

Ok, so Ive been trying to get my snake in for the past few weeks. Me and the breeder agreed to finally ship it out yesterday to arrive this morning at 10:30 AM since the weather looked decent.
    It is now 12:31 and NO sign from fedex. I tried calling them 6 times already and they're of absolutely no help whatsoever and refuse to put me through to the main facility. What makes matters worse is that the thing has been on the truck since 9:20 and the residence is about half a mile up the road.
    I understand they cant give me an ETA from the main HQ, but this isnt a regular package, its a package I had payed EXTRA for to have delivered by 10:30.

If I dont get a full refund from them Im going to rip someones head off...

/rant

Re: Fed-ex rant

Well I'm not sure ripping someones head off will get the solutions you are looking for...but it may be a good start
    I've never had a problem with them so I can't even tell you waht to do. I know I wake up around 6 on the mornings I have my boas coming in and they are the longest days of my life. I can't imagine the feeling I'd get if my boa was late either. In the warmer months I don't htink it would be too big of a deal, but it's cold now so it can't be good. Hope all goes well and post again when the truck gets thre and get some pics of your new guy.

Comment

Will do, and this ones a nice Jaguar Carpet Python

GRRRRR

Comment

Have you used the tracking number ?

Lar M
        Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Ewww yeah I would probably have waited until after Christmas. I'm sure FedEx is slammed right now with all the Christmas shipping. I have had packages come in a week late during the holiday season or get lost all together (not snakes just gifts). In fact I have something I ordered 2 weeks ago that was supposed to already be here and hasn't shown up yet and the tracking number just says it's in transit. Hope your snake is ok when it arrives. I know I would be worried too if it was me.

Comment

Their main hub in Memphis was hit with weather delays today. Same with Indy.. That is the most likely reason for the delay.

Comment

I know it's late now but I would not have shipped a couple days before christmas the shipping is so far behind it's unreal. I ordered many things 3 weeks ago and still have not received some.

Comment

I've never had a bad experience with Fed Ex. However, as others said during the holidays shipping is much slower. With a live animal I would think they would make it a priority to be on time. The other packages they have can wait in the cold and still be fine when they arrive.
                http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

I feel ya man. Ive been waiting a long time for something to get here, was supposed to get delivered on the 24th. I was happy because it was coming before christmas.... Turns out it was dropped off at the wrong address, possibly opened and used/stolen.... RRRAAAAAAGGGEEEE.... just breath, just breath...

Comment

Alright, she got her...2 and a half hours late.

Now I understand its Xmas time. And I understand they are swamped. But its mind boggling how they don't care about customers that have paid to have stuff delivered by 10:30 AM. I mean, if this was a regular package shipped ground, I'd TOTALLY understand. But it was an animal that was shipped overnight during the cold weather. What bothers me the most was that it was on the truck at 9:20 and only had about, O, I dont know, a 2 min drive up the road to the house.
                    Either way Im going to be filing a claim for a refund since all of this happened.

In the long run, here is Malibu. The ADD Jaguar carpet that can't sit still for more than half a second, lol. Shes beyond awesome. And its not bad given that I only payed 275 plus shipping for her.

Comment

WOW she is jaw dropping will she get huge or about 8 feet?

Comment

Congrats. I'm so glad she arrived in good condition. She is gorgeous!

I love getting in new snakes, but waiting for the delivery truck is one of the most stressful things I know of. Especially after they delivered a snake I ordered to a different address a few years ago. The only way I found out was when I checked the tracking info, and saw the it had been delivered. Fortunately the worthless driver had not cared about getting a signature, and left it at a house where no one was home. (I would probably have been sued for the heart attack someone would have had when the opened the package.).

Mark

Comment

That's a smoking hot python -- I think you should totally get a refund if it was to be deliveredby XX, holidays or not.

Comment

wow shes gorgeous, and what a steal at that price!! how come i cant EVER find awesome deals like that????

my very first shipping experience wtih fedex was with my hypo, phoenix, in the middle of summer. they delivered pheonix to the wrong apartment complex and just left the box sitting out on someones breezeway. when i called fedex to see where she was i was in tears, but the people who were helping me were really nice to me and they ended up calling the driver and having him go out to where he left the box, and he drove it back to my place i think they felt bad for me cause i was crying LOL. they were especially nice after they found out how much i paid for her too LMAO.

anywho, from then on, i always have my snakes shipped to one of their buildings, and i go pick it up as early as 8am no waiting or worrying for me

Comment

Congrats on the very nice new addition!
                              "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X