Behavior??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behavior??????

Ok so my baby boa has been on the cool side for the past two days on the branches and now I went into the room and he is laying in the water bowl, also didnt eat on Wed on feeding day i think the rat pup i bought was too big but it also payed no attention to the pup at all, my temps are at 90 during the day and about 82 at night and i got a uth set at 87. the cool side is around 78 during the day and 70 at night.the humidity is 50% plus most of the day I spray the tank down morning and night Any suggestions. Also while im posting this It hasnt gone to the bathroom (pooped ) at all since i have had him and he has eaten atleast 4 times.

Re: Behavior??????

He's laying in the water to hydrate himself so he can poop

Your hot side night temp 82* too cool should be close to 88* at least 85*-86*

Also your cool side night temp 70* too cool should be close to 78*

Lar M
    Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

then my question is. Should the heat lamp be right above the UTH or in the middle of the tank so the temps can even out. I hate this tank I am ordering a boaphile in another month I cant wait

Comment

Originally posted by Poleock View Post
        then my question is. Should the heat lamp be right above the UTH or in the middle of the tank so the temps can even out. I hate this tank I am ordering a boaphile in another month I cant wait
        Yes you can put it in the middle of the tank if that's what it takes to get
        cool end up to the proper temp.

I think I remember telling you to put the heat all on hot side on
        another post you made awhile back

Maybe it was someone else.

Anyway you do want to get those cool end temps up higher
        So move the lamp towards the middle

Merry Christmas

Lar M
        Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

How long have you had him? My male usually takes between 2-3 meals to poop too and he goes in the water bowl almost every single time. Revisit your temps and if you are sensing something is not right take it to a vet, don't waste valuable time. You want to be sure it is not impacted, remember not to feed oversized prey. As for the overall temp in the tank I also keep my snakes in tanks and I have an Herpstat to control a UTH and an overhead infared bulb (75 watt). I keep the UTH on the left side of the tank and I keep the bulb at the middle of the tank. I got my Herpstat at 91 F. The cool side is usually 78-80F but at night it has dropped to 75F. My humidity is 50-60% and I mist once daily in the morning. I hope this helps.

Comment

ok this happens everytime I make a post the day after i get my results.... I just got home from doing some shopping to find him back up in the branches, and a german sheppard size turd in the water bowl. His tail is slightly wrinkled so possibly now after letting that human poo go he might be hungry so tomorrow i will go out and get him a pinky rat. Thanks everyone. Also what im going to do is keep the 50watt day bulb/ my 75watt nite bulb where I have them keep the uth and im going to get a small red nite bulb maybe 40watt for the cooler side so it can get a little warmer and just keep it on 24/7

Comment

Working...
            X