Which has a better Temperament?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which has a better Temperament?

I debating between another BP or another BCI morph, my BP is such a sweety never a problem she is still young but never a problem. My Boas name is fitts and you guys can probably guess why he is named that cause he is constantly hissing and seems to be never in a good mood even tho he gets the best of the best out of everything.... Bigger cage heat perfect nicer hide etc etc....

My question is, which snake has a better temper i have heard back and forth but never really heard other peoples opinion I love bp but i love boas cause of their size and colors as well and all around different look so i need some opinions.

Thanks

Re: Which has a better Temperament?

They are all different...I have one boa that gets pissy but the others never do and my BP is the sweetest thing I have ever had the pleasure of being around. I know someone that has a BP that is no where near as friendly as mine is so I think it depends on the individual. Some others can chime in here but I do believe that some lines are a little tougher to handle than others.
    http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

I've never had much of a behavioural problem from either of my boas but it is definitly independant of the snake itself.

Maybe you can get both and make yourself extra happy... what morphs we talking...?

Comment

Originally posted by zamora View Post
        They are all different...I have one boa that gets pissy but the others never do and my BP is the sweetest thing I have ever had the pleasure of being around. I know someone that has a BP that is no where near as friendly as mine is so I think it depends on the individual. Some others can chime in here but I do believe that some lines are a little tougher to handle than others.
        Yea my BP is so awesome but man my boa is hissy all the time it seems like so i dont know what the problem is hopefully he will grow out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by bterrill View Post
          I've never had much of a behavioural problem from either of my boas but it is definitly independant of the snake itself.

Maybe you can get both and make yourself extra happy... what morphs we talking...?
          Yea i agree i wish i had the money to buy both i either want a pin or mojo for bp and a salmon or jungle for boa but i know a jungle is pretty expensive i think??

Comment

I think it depends on the snake itself. I've been bit by some of my boas but my male BP is always nippy and has bit me more times then I can count, but it doesn't cause much damage when it does.

Comment

Yeah I definitely think that it all depends on the snake...if this is one of your major concerns that I think you should hand pick the snake to make sure you are able to see its temperament before you purchase...

I got my Ball python as a baby and he has never struck me..But will hiss occasionally..

All my boas are sweet..no hiss not bite..

Comment

jungle is so variable it depends "how jungle it looks" on the price.

I would love a salmon or other kind of hypo so I'd probably get that, of course, the mojo bp is also pretty cool.

Comment

jungle is so variable it depends "how jungle it looks" on the price.

I would love a salmon or other kind of hypo so I'd probably get that, of course, the mojo bp is also pretty cool.
                  Yea i know it i love the salmon and i never really got into breeding boas i just like to have them but a mojo bp would be really nice like you said...

Yeah I definitely think that it all depends on the snake...if this is one of your major concerns that I think you should hand pick the snake to make sure you are able to see its temperament before you purchase...

I got my Ball python as a baby and he has never struck me..But will hiss occasionally..

All my boas are sweet..no hiss not bite..
                  Wow really your bp has hissed mine has never then again it is still pretty young though

I think it depends on the snake itself. I've been bit by some of my boas but my male BP is always nippy and has bit me more times then I can count, but it doesn't cause much damage when it does.
                  You know im not really scared to get bit but i am a little nervous i dont know why i am but i just am... Everyone says just get bit to get it over with but i dont think i will ever get over a snakes veracious speed to strike like that lol so untill then my guard is up lol

Comment

Originally posted by tsshields View Post

Wow really your bp has hissed mine has never then again it is still pretty young though

Yeah She was wild caught and imported as a baby...she was a hand-full to say the least...never bit or struck...just allot of hissing....and she is the most active out of all my snakes...and I mean active always out and about at night...and the only way she'll eat frozen thawed is if i make her hunt it....talk about making the rat dance

Comment

I'd also like to retract my earlier statement. One of my boas has been very fussy ever since I posted that. Did a good 1 foot double strike at me while I was misting the cage!

I've never been struck at by before by this one other than when I made her bite me to open her mouth and remove some substrate one time so it's kind of ironic LOL.

I think she is just hungry. she did not eat like normal the last 2 weeks because i was just giving her the left overs from my blood python not eating which is really not much for the boa, but I found it kind of funny.

p.s. I did not get bitten, but came dang close. Was not expecting another strike within 1 second of the first. But this was really my only incident like that in 4 1/2 years with her.

Comment

I've never had a problem with my bp however I have been bitten by a young boa personally bp's have been nicer to me but I have to say I love my boas more lol

Comment

I'd also like to retract my earlier statement. One of my boas has been very fussy ever since I posted that. Did a good 1 foot double strike at me while I was misting the cage!

I've never been struck at by before by this one other than when I made her bite me to open her mouth and remove some substrate one time so it's kind of ironic LOL.

I think she is just hungry. she did not eat like normal the last 2 weeks because i was just giving her the left overs from my blood python not eating which is really not much for the boa, but I found it kind of funny.

p.s. I did not get bitten, but came dang close. Was not expecting another strike within 1 second of the first. But this was really my only incident like that in 4 1/2 years with her.
                          hahaha what are the chances of that very weird indeed i have not messed with mine for 2 days gonna take him out see if he is doing any better wish me luck

Comment

Yeah it was freaky. I think she's hungry is all because she has this little head bob/shake thing that she does when she's hungry and she's been doing it lately but I was misting and she rushed out of her hide and was doing her head shake and I was like back off bella im just spraying your cage and she lept out a good foot maybe even 14-16 inches she lept out of the cage on to the down hinged plexi and then once she flopped on to that she lunged back and struck again so I quickly shut the door.

She's still a good girl (though I think shes a boy.. lol) just a freak incident.

Good luck with yours!

Comment

Yeah it was freaky. I think she's hungry is all because she has this little head bob/shake thing that she does when she's hungry and she's been doing it lately but I was misting and she rushed out of her hide and was doing her head shake and I was like back off bella im just spraying your cage and she lept out a good foot maybe even 14-16 inches she lept out of the cage on to the down hinged plexi and then once she flopped on to that she lunged back and struck again so I quickly shut the door.

She's still a good girl (though I think shes a boy.. lol) just a freak incident.

Good luck with yours!
                              So i went to hold my boa fits cause i thought maybe he cooled down and he did was much better no hissing when i took him out just wasent his day that day just wanted to post up on him

Comment

Working...
                              X